Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sync Software??

• 30-04-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi All,

I just purchased a new camera. CASIO EX-S10. Mainly because its so slim. Its just a point and shoot job.

The PC sync software that came with it leaves a lot to be desired.

I would be syncing it every couple of days, what I am looking for is something that can detect and grab only new photos since the last sync and sort them in folders according to date taken.

And it must be free also!

I used to have software that came with my old cannon camera that did just that. It was great. I'm not sure if it would be compatible with the new camera. Doubt it, but I'll try dig around for the CD and see if it works.

Just hoping maybe someone here would know of a utility I can grab online that will do the job for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

google picasa maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

stcstc wrote: »
    google picasa maybe?

Bingo! Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Here’s a handy tip if you use Picasa- you can upload directly to Flickr and have the uploaded photos resized automatically

With the recent release of Picasa 2.0, you can now email directly from this great image management software. When you email from Picasa, you can tell the application to automatically resize your photos before sending them. So uploading to Flickr has become much easier.
    Here are the steps:
    • Login to your Flickr account. Near the bottom of the page click on the link that says Upload by Email
    • Copy the email address that is presented to you. This is a personalized email address that you can use to send photos to your Flickr account.
    • Now, open Picasa and click on the Tools>Options… menu.
    • On the Email tab, choose Use my GMail Account then set the picture size (using the slider) to whatever size you want. This is the size that Picasa will scale your image to before sending it.
    • Click the OK button and you’re ready to start sending images to Flickr.
    • Click on the image that you want to upload then click on the Email button near the bottom of the Picasa application window.
    • Picasa will ask you to enter your GMail login details
    • In the To field, enter the email address that Flickr gave you.
    • Enter the title of the picture in the subject line. This is the title that Picasa will use when it displays your picture.
    • Enter the description of the photo in the message area. This is the description that Picasa will use when it displays your picture.
    • Finally, click the Send button and the photo is uploaded to Flickr.

The only limitation with this method is that you cannot tag the image. You will need to login to Flickr to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

dinneenp wrote: »
    Here’s a handy tip if you use Picasa- you can upload directly to Flickr and have the uploaded photos resized automatically

Thanks guys, had no idea it was so good.

Advertisement