Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twister vs. Tangle Twister

Options
  • 30-04-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help settle this argument, some people I know seem to think that Twisters used to be called Tangle Twisters. They insist on calling them Tangle Twisters! Who's right?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

They are.

You,and anyone else who calls them Twisters, are wrong on many many levels (I include HB in that statement)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I thought they did used to be called 'Tangle Twisters' ?
    ''Tangle your tongue around a Twister lolly'' is the new phrase though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The slogan is 'Tangle your tongue round a Twister lolly.'

large_twister.jpg

This website says 'Also from the Sunday Business Post, HB have brought out a variation on the traditional Twister (Tangle Twister to those of us who remember the ’80s).'

Maybe it was originally called Tangle Twister and reduced to Twister?
    I always thought of it as a Tangle Twister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You beat me to it Rigger, that exact source & quote of
    'Also from the Sunday Business Post, HB have brought out a variation on the traditional Twister (Tangle Twister to those of us who remember the ’80s) called the Twister Mini Chocolate.'
    lol but yeah we all called them tangle twisters.

Think they changed the name a few years back, probably brought about by the same bright sparks who thought starburst, cif and snickers were good ideas

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    You beat me to it Rigger

winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

I still don't think there's any proof shown! For example a picture of a Twister wrapper with the words "Tangle Twister" on it! or something on HBs website!

email them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hacktavist wrote: »
    I still don't think there's any proof shown!
    Yep, your mates and all these people here are playing a big joke...

They were definitely called tangle twisters, I used to eat them all the time until, like everything, they brought out a "new & improved" version which was total crap compared to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Twister is a game you play with drunk naked girls, tangle twisters are what you play with with drunk naked girls (the ice lolly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Tangle Twisters originally came out in the late 80's with orange and lemon stripes with a cola bit in the middle where the strawberry bit is, in the modern one. I think they may have been called Twisters back then.
    My oh's mam was going to the shop years ago and asked him if he wanted anything....he said 'a twisty wisty please' ('cos he used to call them that for the craic). Needless to say, she had an embarrassing encounter in the shop when she asked for one:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 timoconnor50

Correct and Right! They're Tangle Twisters!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Correct and Right! They're Tangle Twisters!
    What a strange post to dig up, only to agree with everything.

ceegee wrote: »
    Think they changed the name a few years back, probably brought about by the same bright sparks who thought starburst, cif and snickers were good ideas
    Snickers was the original name though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

Tangle twisters!!!
    I asked one of the lads in work to get me one a few months ago and he looked at me and said "a what?"
    They used to be tangle twisters, didnt realise they were changed to twisters until that day... I prefer the name tangle twister, so thats what I is sticking with :D

Remember they changed coco pops to choco krispies?... That didnt last long... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Dingleye wrote: »
    so thats what I is sticking with

+1

Mellor wrote: »
    Snickers was the original name though

Yeah but Marathon is cooler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ceegee wrote: »
    Yeah but Marathon is cooler :D
    Mr. T doesn't think so,

end of imo

Mellor wrote: »
    Mr. T doesn't think so,

end of imo

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Tangle Twisters forever!

But I've noticed they have changed the colourings in it...the green bit is not as bright green as it used to be.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

My mate is ginger and when he wears his celtic jersey everyone calls him tangle twister

So yeah tangle twister lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

A rose by any other name is still a rose!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I know it's an old thread and all. But do ye remember when they changed the ice cream from vanilla to banana for a while and everyone stopped buying them? What was that all about? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Marty_McFly

They are lovely and they only have 70 calories! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mairin84

Haha!! You must be like 15 to not have heard of the tangle twister. Proof of it's existence:

http://wheresgrandad.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/1988-ice-pops.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

mairin84 wrote: »
    Haha!! You must be like 15 to not have heard of the tangle twister. Proof of it's existence:

That is an amazing first contribution to boards, its stuff like that the internet was invented for. The scribbler was a great little pop.

I remember the original ad for tangle twister, it went "i knew a girl her name was melissa, she had a passion for tangle twister" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

mairin84 wrote: »

I would probably pay north of 10 euro to just have one more Chunky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

That is an amazing first contribution to boards, its stuff like that the internet was invented for. The scribbler was a great little pop.

I remember the original ad for tangle twister, it went "i knew a girl her name was melissa, she had a passion for tangle twister" etc.

God, now I have that song in my head. From memory, I think it was
    "Know a girl, her name's Melissa,
    She fell in love with a Tangle Twister.
    Vanilla ice-cream, strawberry and pears,
    With HB's flavours you can go anywhere.
    Bing, bang, boom her world's upside down,
    Since she fell in love (love),
    With a Tangle Twister!"

Advertisement