Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing?

Options
  • 30-04-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Really early to be talking about it but, a few friends of mine are going to NUIG next year and have theire housing booked apparently the student accomadation is almost full already.Is UCD the same story?,Should I be getting on the phone about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Good question...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ok I'm taking a few things for granted here...

- you're not in UCD yet?
    - you've applied to the CAO?
    - you're taking about on campus accom?

Galway has a lot more "student" accom which isn't on campus therefore that's why it's filling up. In UCD, there is a certain amount of accom reserved for each year, so if you're coming into first year, there'll be a reserved allocation for a proportion of first years.

Check the policy here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/allocationpolicy/

Here's the details for when you can apply i.e. not till after results
    http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/apply/cao/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 foireannj

If you're only coming to ucd next year then you'll be applying in august. unusually for an irish college(e.g. in cork you also book your accommodation about now) ucd doesn't allow you book campus accommodation until you've actually been accepted by the college for your course. so no need to worry yet. i also presume you're not living in the dublin area as you probably won't get the accommodation then and could find yourself in a bit of trouble come september. the vast majority of places are reserved for firsties though and will be allocated in the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

A Cork person will definately get it. An East Mayo person more then likely will too. That is if you guys are from where you say ye are.

Once the CAO acceptance letter comes out saying you've been accepted to UCD you generally apply for campus over the next week. Don't even think about it til then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Many thanks ^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 scange01

On the subject of campus... I know its mainly 1st and final who get it... But I heard it wasn't filled last year... Is there any chance of third years applying through a waiting list and getting it maybe a few weeks into college!?

Anyone on campus now care to comment or do they know any stories of such?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I don't think you have to apply. I know somebody who lives in Knocklyon and they were offered it without applying. It's done by points, not where you live. Pretty stupid really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I don't think you have to apply. I know somebody who lives in Knocklyon and they were offered it without applying. It's done by points, not where you live. Pretty stupid really.

That's completely wrong, unless you're on about someone getting accommodation based on a general or Irish scholarship, which are very few - the vast majority of the places are allocated on the basis of an application

Advertisement