Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Rider fromDublin to Balbriggan

Options
  • 30-04-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Need to find out for tonight, can someone tell me what time the buses are at???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Drogheda Nightrider operates on Thursday, Friday and Saturday throughout the year. Buses depart Busáras at 00.30hrs and 03.30hrs and operate via O’Connell St (Supermacs), Drumcondra (Independent Bridge), Santry (Omni), Dublin Airport (Stop 8), Swords by-pass, Balrothery, Balbriggan, Julianstown and Drogheda. Returning to Dublin, buses depart Drogheda Bus Station at 01.45hrs. The fare is priced at €7 to Balbriggan and €10 to points past Balbriggan.

(Could you not have looked it up yourself? :confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Cool, didn't think it went on a Thursday, but yeah couldn't have checked yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Sorry lads, i was in a rush and was having trouble with cie.ie. Dont know why :S Cheers though.

3.30 it is :P

Africa wrote: »
    having trouble with cie.ie.
    Bus Eireann since 1987! ;) (www.buseireann.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

From the Web Site it looks like the night rider no longer operates on Thursdays - does anyone know if that is true? I will phone them tomorrow but it looks like the last bus is at 11.40 from now on. So early home or bring the car:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

A lot of the 101 services have been cut back, daytime is fine but anything after seven is a lot less frequent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Was night rider not a nick name given to a speed cop on the north side of Dublin. He used to lurk in the shadows and catch people going 1k over the speed limit.

He used to lurk in the shadows and catch people going 1k over the speed limit.
    Despite what you will hear, it's a myth that people are 'done' for doing 1km over the limit. The gardai have to factor in a margin of error for their speed gun and for speedometers variations (e.g. a car on new tyres will give a different reading than a car at the legal tyre wear limit). Most people caught for speeding are doing at least 20% over the posted limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Despite what you will hear, it's a myth that people are 'done' for doing 1km over the limit. The gardai have to factor in a margin of error for their speed gun and for speedometers variations (e.g. a car on new tyres will give a different reading than a car at the legal tyre wear limit). Most people caught for speeding are doing at least 20% over the posted limit.

Shhhh...you're ruining the urban legends...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

yeah i heard its not running thursday nights any more cause my mate went to go get it, but had to come back after it didnt pitch :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

Hey guys.. Does anyone know the times in full?
    I checked the bus eireann site and it said 1230 and 330.
    Is there any more that that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Samsung wrote: »
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Samsung wrote: »
    Hey guys.. Does anyone know the times in full?
    I checked the bus eireann site and it said 1230 and 330.

Theres a Dublin Bus 33N at 2 am that goes to Balbriggan via Rush, Skerries etc. It is much slower but at least its another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Guys what about this night rider from Balbriggan to Dublin on a saturday night? If I get a taxi from Balbriggan back to Malahide around how much should the damage be?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm guessing €25

Advertisement