Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone (need contact email address)

• 30-04-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Need to send an email to the powers that be at Vodafone.

Aside from the fact they cannot be contacted by phone to their store, it seems the website also resolves some magical error with the email contact form.

Just wondering has anyone got an email address for Vodafone, something along the lines of customer queries or that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Billpay / general: care@vodafone.ie
    Prepay: readytogo@vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Cheers.

Gonna be a bit of a belter I think. They rang me, during work hours, a week or two back to try and get me to upgrade my bill phone. Had a think about it and have tried on a number of occasions to call the store and mobile number I was contacted on. A week later, 3 voicemails to the store and nothing.

Very odd as I was gonna fork over a right sum too.

Try ringing their customer care direct on 1907? Chances are if someone called there's a note on the account and they can direct your call to the right person.

Ring during business hours if it's a business account I would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Random wrote: »
    Try ringing their customer care direct on 1907? Chances are if someone called there's a note on the account and they can direct your call to the right person.

Ring during business hours if it's a business account I would suggest.

Or send this quite weird email? Entitled; Help! I'm trying to give you my money.
    To whom it concerns,

The email title may seem like spam in this day and age of East African lotteries and what not. However, I, a Vodafone customer, am trying my hardest to give you money. In fact, lots of it!

A few details then, I'm xxxxx xxxxxxxx on 086xxxxxxxx. A Vodafone BillPay customer for about 18 months or so.

I got a call about ten days ago from somebody impersonating Dave Fanning, he called me from Vodafone Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork. The motormouth in question left a voicemail (yet no missed call, maybe a cunning ploy?) regarding my upgrade eligibility status. The speed at which he spoke means I've some idea that his name was possibly Mike (?) and he left a contact number. After replaying the message several times in order to work out what he was say I called up the mobile contact number only for it to ring out, several times. I tried again the following day but to no avail. Maybe he was off. Sure that's grand, I'll call up the store altogether. Oh dear... Once I'd worked my way around the automated service I selected the option to speak to a customer service representative, usually a safe enough bet. Foiled again! Without any form of ringing, delay, or being engaged it went straight to voicemail. After many, many calls, this was the only option! A message I left. No codewords, nothing extremely difficult to make out in any way, just a name, number and call me back.

Of course you might be wondering why I'm going to this much trouble? As I said earlier, I want to give you money and lots of it. Time for an upgrade, something new and fancy. I'd settled on the Sony Xperia, perfect I thought, the natural progression from N95 to iPhone to this. Vodafone, my tried and trusted network for many a year be it credit or bill (I did switch over from o2 after all!) they'll help me out!

... No.

Not at all. In the week after I left my initial voicemail, tonnes of missed calls and so on, no contact what so ever. Not even a follow up call from the mysterious "Mike". I broke my own rule today though, I went and left a voicemail again. Why? I thought, why bother. I just want the damn phone. A cruel and nonsensical loyalty to Vodafone has been built up and I tried my hardest. As an aside you know the only reason this email is being sent is that having failed to get in contact with anyone from Vodafone, I attempted to email you earlier, but alas, it bloody well failed. I'm getting "(SRV-CO-03)" as the error. Seems to be a recurring theme at the moment!

So then, after listening to Miss Generic Vodafone for far too long, failing to make contact with a red blooded customer service agent, repeatedly ignored calls and voicemails. I called the enemy, o2. And like a fly to the proverbial they put their try-hard-hats on. Sell sell sell, buy buy buy!! At one stage I felt I was being coerced into buying Time Share. In a nutshell they tried and it worked. I'm off to o2 I reckon.

All I wanted was a phone, a bloody expensive one at that too! Well actually wait that's not strictly true, I want two phones, one piece of crap for free and the second, the most expensive toy ye have. I guess trying to get something like a Nokia 6600 or E51 is a bit cheeky, but I'm sure you guys would come up with a solution, I do after all spend close on a thousand euro every year in some form of sickening and ridiculous brand loyalty and to top it off I've yet again considered the most expensive phone ye have!

So there you go. I tried to give Vodafone money, I really did, I still might, maybe I'll get a call after this email, maybe not! This though has been one ridiculous little saga. Maybe this email will get binned because of the title alone, maybe it'll be read by Mr. Vittorio Colao, who knows. All I know is I've had an incredibly rubbish experience with Vodafone of late.

A rather irate,
    xxxxxxxxxxx

I'd probably change a couple of words here and there ... maybe paraphrase it slightly ... but whatever you feel it gonna get you a response.

Personally I don't think that's the email to send.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

I'm confused, you want an upgrade yes?

At no point in your little ramble have you mentioned anything about going into the store to get this upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

This isnt the way to go about it. Its very disappointing that you cannot get in contact with vodafone properly but what I would suggest is contact customer care on 1907 and tell them you would like to upgrade your handset and that you're having difficulties, explain your situation camly and rationally, theres no need for reudeness as it will get you nowhere. Customer Service(1907) will advise you of the next course of action, they might be able to help you order it online, I'm not sure that you can order over the phone but you could ask that too.

I hope you get a satisfactory outcome from this but being rude isn't the way to go. Enjoy your new phone-whichever phone and network its on:)

Also, you can order your upgrade on 1907.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

to summarise:

Mike (the fast talking Corkonian) got you interested in a new phone

You tired ringing him to order it but couldn't get through (maybe wrong number / maybe network problems - whatever)

You're frustrated with Mike, and drafted an email to Vodafone

You tried sending vodafone the email, but their contact page on their website doesn't work

You're here looking for support / affirmation you're doing the right thing?

Have you called the shop? 021 4222087 according to Google

You can't get through to Vodafone stores. It routes you to customer care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement