Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Vado Problem

Options
  • 30-04-2009 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I have a Creative Vado pocket camcorder. Recently it developed a problem.

When I try to recharge it, I plug it in to the USB port. The screen lights up, and the battery symbol changes to 'Charging'

After just a few seconds, the battery symol changes to 'Fully Charged', and the unit switches off.

When I press the power button, nothing happens, as if the battery is still empty.

The PC can still read files on the Vado's memory. It is possible to move files to and from the Vado, so to an extent, the unit still functions.

My question is: Does this sound like a failed battery or a failed Vado. Could the battery be shot, unable to accept a charge. Is it possible that a new battery could fix the problem or is it more likely that the Vado itself has the problem and needs repair (or throwing away!)

Appreciate any help,

Modus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭foreignobserver

modus wrote: »
    My question is: Does this sound like a failed battery or a failed Vado.

It sounds like .... you failed at putting the battery in the right way ;)
    Seriously, open the unit and put the battery so that the connectors match.
    That will do the trick, trust me (I had the same "problem")

Happy May Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 testing

Hi Modus,

I have the same problem and my battery is not in backwards.

I don't know if this helps but some of my other devices would not charge on my PC as well. Maybe we need a high power USB port?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 modus

Thanks for replying.

I don't know whether to chance a new battery or consider repair or new purchase. Bought it in UK, and have no idea where the receipt is. Doh!

Modus

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭foreignobserver

modus wrote: »
    Thanks for replying.

I don't know whether to chance a new battery or consider repair or new purchase. Bought it in UK, and have no idea where the receipt is. Doh!

Modus

Did you take the battery out and put it back the right way?

Advertisement