Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed off at stupid prices!

Options
  • 30-04-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

I'm annoyed I paid 4.75 for a roll in the petrol station beside dunnes in terryland. I got egg mayo and cheese in it! How ridiculous is that. I got the exact same roll in Londis just up from vivo for 1.79 on monday. Ragin I paid 4.75!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

Bring it to B&Q, they'll give you one at their own price, plus 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just don't buy it then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

I'm annoyed I paid 4.75 for a roll in the petrol station beside dunnes in terryland.

Understand that fully. Sometime ago, I was wondering how the sandwich in that same shi't hole cost so much. Lo and behold, when I looked at the receipt the B'stards had charged SEPARATELY for the each piece of salad, chesse and meat. Haven't bothered my ass EVER going in there for ANYTHING since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Magnus wrote: »
    Just don't buy it then

Wasnt exactly the point, its a disgrace that they're charging that price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

If you get a roll made up and you bring it over to the cashier can you refuse to buy it and just throw it in their face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Egg mayo and cheese! There's your real problem:pac:

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Egg mayo and cheese! There's your real problem:pac:

What can I say, I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

when they make it up for you at the sandwich counter look at the price even tho you have to pay for it at the till. If its way over priced ask them (at the sandwich counter) did they get the price wrong, if they say no they didnt then say to them "thats a joke" and dump the roll on one of the shelves before you get near the till. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

chrussell wrote: »

And yet you still bought it. You could have checked the cost at any point before handing over money. You didn't. You don't get sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

elyod wrote: »
    Bring it to B&Q, they'll give you one at their own price, plus 10% off.

Brilliant.

It's precisely the point. They charge it because you and others will pay it. Basic economics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I'm annoyed I paid...

:p

I'm annoyed I paid...

Fair point!

My choice of language was poor, but aside from bashing me for paying that does anyone else not agree that its a ridiculous gap between 1.79 and 4.75??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

well yeah, it's a stupid gap.

But businesses will continue to charge stupid prices that make them big profits when people continue to buy things at stupid prices and make them big profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

I'm annoyed I paid...

Fair point!

My choice of language was poor, but aside from bashing me for paying that does anyone else not agree that its a ridiculous gap between 1.79 and 4.75??

i agree that the price diff is wrong but petrol stations have been overpricing their goods for ages. you (supposedly) go in for your fuel and you stay to get maced!! if it wasn't to get petrol i would never go into their shops as they are the most expensive in the country. major point is not to encourage the greedy bleepers by shopping there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

The very reason they will charge that price is because people will pay it!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'm annoyed I paid 4.75 for a roll in the petrol station beside dunnes in terryland. I got egg mayo and cheese in it! How ridiculous is that. I got the exact same roll in Londis just up from vivo for 1.79 on monday. Ragin I paid 4.75!!

i hate stupid people

i hate stupid people

shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Locked, warnings given

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement