Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ants!

Options
  • 30-04-2009 11:37pm

Tonight I have discovered that our kitchen has a small ant infestation. Ugh. They're everywheer!

So.. whats the best way to deal with them? I'm posting this here to find out information on Bug Bombs (do they exist? I've only ever seen them on TV), the best way to deal with ants and exterminators in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

We used to have awful problem with ants. We used common ant posion and placed it along the skirtings, Did the job. I have no idea what bug bombs are :confused: *Looks up you-tube*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

pour petrol down those little holes they come out of, let it seep down real good and then light it. This also works with rabbit burrows and old peoples homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

you also need to deal with the issue of why the ants are coming into your kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Some alt-remedies for stuff they don't like (spread or spray the perimeter of where they are entering); Peppermint oil, Vinegar, Cayenne Pepper.

KStaford wrote: »
    you also need to deal with the issue of why the ants are coming into your kitchen

I've cleaned and scrubbed all countertops, gone through all my housemates presses and sealing anything that might've been open with clingfilm, hoovered and mopped the floor with bleach+washing up liquid.

Was absolutely disgusting seeing them everywhere last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mix a little sugar with ant powder. Then the ants will take the sugar back to the nest to feed their young - no nest !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

We get them every year. There's stuff called Nippon or something, you spread it around, they bring it back to the nest and it kills them all. eddie gordo wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

Had a really bad infestation a couple of years back, tried everything including Rentokill three times, nothing workied until I got one of these plug in sonic things, repels insects and rodents, problem solved instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

A friend of mine had the same problem. She came home from college and her room was crawling with ants. Living down Lurgan Park too.

Advertisement