Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90i Shower

Options
  • 30-04-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

We have a T90i shower which is about 10 years old. Recently the water has been scalding coming out of it, and no matter how you adjust it, it's impossible to get the right temp. Someone told me you can't get parts for these showers, I'm assuming the thermostat is gone, is this true?

If I had to get a new shower would it be easy to fit, ie can I just disconnect the old unit and put the new one in its place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

99% of the elec showers I've seen have been got from a place in Maynooth, cant remember their name but if you ring 11811 an say a shower place in Maynooth they'll find it!

Sounds like the Stat is gone alright, nothing major to fix it, just a pop out and pop the new one in. Well open the shower first obviously!

Think they only cost about 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Barretts in Maynooth dont have their number share premises with the agents for triton so if you were to give them a call they would be able to help you out and let you know what you need to do i had a similar problem two years ago and contacted them and they were brill and not too expensive, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Barrets in maynooth is correct but believe it or not a triton T90 8,5KW shower cannot be gotten cheaper anywhere than woodies.

i priced them

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

Rang Barretts this morning, as shower is 10 years old there's no parts for it, have to get a new one costing €245. Would it be easy to replace the old with new one without having to get Elec/Plumber? I've limited DIY experience but don't fancy having to fork out another couple of hundred euro if I don't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

brian076 wrote: »
    Rang Barretts this morning, as shower is 10 years old there's no parts for it, have to get a new one costing €245. Would it be easy to replace the old with new one without having to get Elec/Plumber? I've limited DIY experience but don't fancy having to fork out another couple of hundred euro if I don't need to.

They are easy enough to install. Turn of the power at the board. Turn of the water feed in the attic. Remove the old one from the wall. Mount the new one. Terminate the cables in the block, and connect the pipework. Depending on what type you get it may require opening the tiles to move the pipework to the right location to come through the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

That's great thanks

Advertisement