Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Anime of All Time: Poll

Options
  • 01-05-2009 12:25am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Get voting! Voting ends at the end of the month :D

2 were chosen at random to round off the top 10 because of a tie in Nominations counts ;)

The Greatest Anime Poll 62 votes

Azumanga Daioh
    0% 0 votes
    Elfen Lied
    6% 4 votes
    Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
    4% 3 votes
    Princess Mononoke
    14% 9 votes
    Full Metal Alchemist
    12% 8 votes
    Cowboy Bebop
    8% 5 votes
    Evangelion
    20% 13 votes
    Serial Experiments Lain
    9% 6 votes
    Spirited Away
    1% 1 vote
    Hellsing
    20% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Gonna have to vote for Hagaren, purely because I never gave TTGL a chance, and TMoHS isn't there. Always wanted to get into Neon Genesis though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

You forgot to put the poll option for "none" because all anime is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It has to be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann of course, JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

you can have 20 options on polls now.....

Death note is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Ah, ehhh, nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

So many good ones,but Evangelion gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Can't go wrong with a little of the old Bebop.

Keanu Reeves won't **** it up too badly. (I hope.)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,498 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well Bebop comes close, but I also have to Spin On: its gotta be TTGL

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Azumanga Daioh for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

AS much as I adore Gurren Lagann, it would have to be Evangelion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

AS much as I adore Gurren Lagann, it could be Evangelion.

Eva FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

G'wan the Mononoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Poll closed? 8(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

strange.... dunno what happened! cant reopen it! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Although some of those titles on the poll are good. I think that Legend of Galactic Heroes is probably the best show.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

polls reopened

thanks Art_Wolf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Hard to choose just one but I went for Gurren Lagann, edged in ahead of Mononoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Although some of those titles on the poll are good. I think that Legend of Galactic Heroes is probably the best show.

How the hell did I forget Legend of Galactic Heroes??? Epic stuff, copied numerous times, never really equalled. It always seemed like it was a sci-fi version of that World War II documentary "The World At War".

Gripping melding of multiple story arcs, with even the most minor character's human side exposed. And that doesn't mean any self-serving romantic sub-plots or similar crap.

Plus it had lots of guns.... in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you know I only just got around to watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann last night and tonight and just finished it.

And I wondered if there was many fans for it.

I guess that answers that anyway :D

Personnally I wouldnt call it the greatest anime of all time but it was insanely enjoyable even if at times you couldnt tell when it was being serious or when it was being a parody of itself (and other anime, please tell me I am not crazy when I think they were doing nudge nudge wink wink with some of the lines) probably my biggest complaint about the series was that they tried to make it so big in 26 episodes that they flew by so many details. Makes you wish that it got the same treatment as Code Gaess (the other anime I recently watched in a 3 day marathon) that it was 2 seperate seasons instead of one. On Code Gaess, I enjoyed that alot, more so then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann but I still enjoyed both of them so I dont hate Tengen by a long shot. Just Code Gaess appealled to me more in its storytelling.

I would complain
    that the show relied too much on fighting spirit to solve every problem they faced, bad guy too tough, scream really loud and declare you want to win and your robot will do whatever it needs to do, create whatever it wants out of thin air. But by halfway through the season they had crafted that so well into the plotline as the message and moral of the show that you couldnt complain anymore. and how else can you explain a mech the size of a f*cking galaxy. the catchphrase does sum it up so well, *WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!?!?!

On the greatest anime ever?

I dont know so many great animes and so many I havnt seen. I could never give a proper answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

I voted Cowboy Bebop but its not my all time favourite. There should have been an "Other" in that list! :P

• Advertisement

poll closes in two weeks, with a current (mildly) surprising one in front!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

King Mob wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with a little of the old Bebop.

Keanu Reeves won't **** it up too badly. (I hope.)

look at the old picture of him his hair screams spike, his voice is not not far off the english dub either , some acting skill it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Despite my love for Gurren Lagann... I kinda had to give this one to Cowboy Bebop.
    Dunno why; it just felt right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

some acting skill it'll be great.

that is where keanu fails.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    that is where keanu fails.

i reckon he may fit the role perfectly if he gives himself a bit more colour in character. i couldnt think of anyone else playing the role, keanu is the closest to it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

remove all options but evagelion imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

BuChan wrote: »
    remove all options but evagelion imo.
    Well, there's no accounting for taste.

Personally, I hate Evangelion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I like how you left out all the good animes.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I like how you left out all the good animes.
    Like what?

• Advertisement

5 days left ;)

Advertisement