Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Anime of All Time: Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

That is shocking that Azumanga Daioh is getting more votes than Serial Exp Lain! I enjoy my light-hearted slice of life animes as much as anyone, but for me truly great animes have to have a more substantial plot, with some sort of a message. Anime is an art form like any other, and great art should affect you in a way that makes you think, makes you feel, moves you...

I voted for Spirited Away anyway. You should make another poll including all the other animes people mentioned in this thread. Then we can take the winners from each poll and merge them into a new poll :) There are some glaring omissions like Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note and Akira. I would also like to nominate Grave of the Fireflies, Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Saikano.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

monellia wrote: »
    Anime is an art form like any other, and great art should affect you in a way that makes you think, makes you feel, moves you...

In that case then RahXephon should be in the poll as that anime moved me and it had gorgeous art in it. Gunbuster should also be in the poll as that anime is a classic and very touching.

I also noticed the lack of retro anime in the poll such as Gunbuster, Galaxy 999 and a big big anime Gundam. I haven't got into Gundam yet but it is very popular anime and a classic one and Code Geass would of been a good one.

I geuss it would be a hard one doing a poll of the best anime ever as they are so many different tastes therefore, the one best anime ever would never be chosen.

I am not going to vote as I like five animes in that poll in different ways and I haven't seen the rest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That is shocking that Azumanga Daioh is getting more votes than Serial Exp Lain! I enjoy my light-hearted slice of life animes as much as anyone, but for me truly great animes have to have a more substantial plot, with some sort of a message. Anime is an art form like any other, and great art should affect you in a way that makes you think, makes you feel, moves you...

I voted for Spirited Away anyway. You should make another poll including all the other animes people mentioned in this thread. Then we can take the winners from each poll and merge them into a new poll :) There are some glaring omissions like Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note and Akira. I would also like to nominate Grave of the Fireflies, Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Saikano.

i gave a month open for nominations, and the people spoke. nuff said really

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2 days left! looks like the bebop done it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    So many good ones,but Evangelion gets my vote.

where's evangelion on the poll? i didn't see it.. unless it's in japanese there :)

voted for mononoke instead, terrific anime too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

crótach wrote: »
    where's evangelion on the poll? i didn't see it.. unless it's in japanese there :)

voted for mononoke instead, terrific anime too!
    It's right there with 6 votes ya dozy character :p

• Registered Users Posts: 82,496 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

rigged poll tbh: not a gundam entry in the entire lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

It's right there with 6 votes ya dozy character :p

Ah jaysus I must be blind! doh! :o

Guess I was looking for "Neon Genesis..." before it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Full Metal Alchemist really should have scored higher tbh. Such an epic anime with a great ending unlike Evangelion which requires you to watch it a few times so you can figure it all out. (I still downloaded the entire series and the movies though so I do like it :D)

Ghost in the Shell deserved a place on there imo. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

*cough* I am sure you mean you loved watching the entire series and movies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

*cough* of course, that is exactly what i meant, thanks for clearing that up for me *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

what about a greatest manga of all time poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Funky wrote: »
    what about a greatest manga of all time poll?

alas, anime is more popular i fear, and i think most of people who post on this forum watch rather than read.

not that there's anything wrong with that, i love anime but i prefer manga. it's where the majority of anime came from anyway and (in most cases) the manga is superior to the anime that succeeded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

alas, anime is more popular i fear, and i think most of people who post on this forum watch rather than read.

considering most prefer subbed animes I guess they like to do both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

not that there's anything wrong with that, i love anime but i prefer manga. it's where the majority of anime came from anyway and (in most cases) the manga is superior to the anime that succeeded it.

yea true, it's a bit of a shame. even though i'd watch more anime than i'd read manga i've never got as hooked and craving to know what happens next in an anime as i have in some mangas. each to their own though!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

I would have voted bebop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

i would have voted for bleach (if it was there), but FMA is really good too so that would have gotten my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

failed thread

no berserk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Code Geass in 10x better then half of these mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Would have voted Ghost in the Shell if it was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DeeplyPraying

Um where is DBZ? Kidding kidding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

Dragonball, Dragonball Z?

Wait! What about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    the_melancholy_of_haruhi_suzumiya.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phenom™

Why isn't Inuyasha on that list? It's possibly the best anime ever. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

User45701 wrote: »
    Death note is the best
    Definitely agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

having read the manga, and then watched the anime after, I was thoroughly disappointed with death note, *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stefcn

that was great to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NiK0lai

Why in the name of jeebus isn't akira on that poll?!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

ghost in a shell.........coooool

Advertisement