Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upside to the recession

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

If only you guys always haggled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

been working less hours so more time with family and friends,that has to be an upside for a lot of people, i know its hard when you have money worries and a family etc but hopefully in the long run it can help families get closer and take a step back from the rat race!

my tip - buy a tent (half price in argos) and go on the road and enjoy cheap accomodation in hotel ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Oh Lads, I'm delighted at the replys here. Here are a few of mine
    • More Carboot sales
    • More folk using freecycle
    • Last time I organised the residents assoc. meeting ( I was the chairperson) no-one turned up bar me and the secretary!!!. They were too busy to care about where they lived. Now the recession's kicked in and more folk have time on their hands, they're getting interested in their community and rolling up there sleeves (best turn out at the meeting last week)
    • Budget parties
    • Sun holiday prices have plummeted, seriously, check them out
    • Back buying second hand, which usually means quality, cos it hasn't broken with the first owner
    I'm sure there's more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Up side to recession this Christmas, many of my family agreed not to buy each other usless presents but went out for lunch, visited and went for walks more :D

Advertisement