Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Keano shut up? Now with added FUNK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So if in July Mark Hughes gets a phone call looking for Ched Evans or the like on loan and Sparky gives him the two fingers in response then who loses out? Ipswich.

I'd imagine in that scenario both teams lose out, No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd imagine in that scenario both teams lose out, No?

Are Ipswich the only club allowed loan players?

Are Ipswich the only club allowed loan players?

No but like you said, they will be fighting for promotion and playing at a level that will only improve a young players ability and experience.

So I would suggest both clubs losing out.

Boggles wrote: »
    No but like you said, they will be fighting for promotion and playing at a level that will only improve a young players ability and experience.

So I would suggest both clubs losing out.

I never said they 'will be', I said they'll be aiming to be. I'm not that confident of his success.

I never said they 'will be', I'm not that confident of his success.

Sorry Keane said it, he sent me a text. ;)

I'm not confident Sparky will be at City in July, so tis all bollix really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I know he's a red legend and I am a defender of all things Keane but does anyone else think he should stop commenting on other clubs/managers/his sunderland time and get on with the job at Ipswich?

I saw him on the network 2 news last night telling Trap to do anything do get Ireland back in the squad? Does he not think he has already tried evereything?

He was in the paper there a while ago too asking how Bruce and Hughes were successful? I know maybe he has a point but why invite this needless negative publicity on yourself? He also had a go at Tony Cascarino...which I fully approve of but again, why the needless bad vibes?

I like Keane and awful lot but I really think he should just shut up and do his job quietly and competently.

So he did something giles/eamon/every pundit has asked of trap but HE should shut up.

he was asked a question on bruces and hughe's success he answered it honestly, they haven't won anything.

again someone asked him what he thought of TONY's COMMENTS on keane he replied.

but KEANE should shut up?

I wish people would start to learn how to read a newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ok scenario time - Keane is manager of a Championship team that will be aiming for promotion next year. He will no doubt be looking for good players to come in and do a job. So if in July Mark Hughes gets a phone call looking for Ched Evans or the like on loan and Sparky gives him the two fingers in response then who loses out? Ipswich.
    I'm pretty sure 99% of managers out there would put the club ahead of any petty arguments with another manager. Look at Keane and McCarthy. No love lost there yet Keane let Carlos Edwards go on loan to Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Keane is a muppet, plain and simple, always has been and always will be

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 99% of managers out there would put the club ahead of any petty arguments with another manager. Look at Keane and McCarthy. No love lost there yet Keane let Carlos Edwards go on loan to Wolves.

All I'm saying is that making comments about other managers is hardly a smart thing to do when you may need their help in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stacksey wrote: »
    Keane is a muppet, plain and simple, always has been and always will be

:rolleyes:

Unbelievable contribution there - how long did it take you to think through that argument?

Imo, Keane is basing his management style as much as possible on that of Brian Clough who, if I remember well from his book, he rated even higher than Ferguson as a manager.

Now we all know what Clough was good for and that was the magical art of the soundbyte. Even Fergie, who I'd imagine he takes something from also, is no shrinking violet in front of the cameras. Add to that his own personality and his penchant for making controversial statements and you can't really be surprised to hear things like this from time to time.

It's clear he's trying to create a persona for himself in the management game and with the people he's had as mentors it's hardly surprising when it turns out to be somewhat abrasive.

The only thing I actually find irritating is the way people aren't smart enough to see past tabloid headlines to what the man actually said.

I mean the people who are complaining about him "telling Trappatoni how to do his job" or "slating Bruce and Hughes" are such a mystery to me - they seem to be illiterate, or at least fairly useless at reading, yet here they are writing their opinions on a message board :confused::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

'When it comes to picking players, there’s a fine line between loyalty and stupidity. One Irish player in particular hasn’t kicked a ball in three years and seems to play every time he’s come over. I can’t work that one out.'

What player is that? Duff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

zAbbo wrote: »
    Was wondering who he meant by that statement. Bit stupid if he means Duff as he's generally one of our best players when he plays.

zAbbo wrote: »

Must be I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Headshot wrote: »
    isnt he on the late late show tonight ?

He is indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pat Kenny interviewing Roy Keane.

Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Des wrote: »
    Pat Kenny interviewing Roy Keane.

Should be good. The most boring interview in the history of interviews an absolute, complete and utter snore fest.

FYP ;)

A chance for Keane to stake his claim for the Late Late presenter's gig...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Roy Keane is a straight arrow and sometimes that does not work in your favour, expecially when you are dealing with the gutter press.

Its clear that what he said regarding Bruce and Hughes did not come out the way he meant it to, and as a result when he read it in the media himself he felt the need to apologise to both of them.

We all know that Roy Keane was a great footballer and we know how agressive and fearless he was on the pitch and at times he did lose control of himself on the pitch. There seems to be those who have Roy Keane the footballer as his personality and as such when they read his quotes they take them as agressive and sometimes irate comments.

If you were to attribute the same comments to somebody else and read them, they would not be threadworthy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Keane is a legend who knows what he's talking about and who brings entertainment to the game. Why he should he shut up? Should Mourinho shut up? I don't think so. These guys make the game entertaining.

He's right about Ireland in my opinion. Ireland himself said in a recent interview that there hasn't been a great effort to get him back. They've probably just left a message at Man City and told them to pass it on to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Great effort? No manager should have to go begging any little ****wit to come play for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's right about Ireland in my opinion. Ireland himself said in a recent interview that there hasn't been a great effort to get him back. They've probably just left a message at Man City and told them to pass it on to him.

Yes, because we all know Stephen Irelands word is GOLDEN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He is not going to tell Trap how to do his job but he is telling him he is right not to pick Andy Reid and he should go after Ireland with greater vigour.

Regarding loyalty, prior to Trap coming Reid was a prem regular (still is) so dropping him was hardly 'picking players on form' for the benched (at the time) Gibson or Whelan.

Furthermore, it is nothing short of a disgrace if he is talking about Duff. One of our most consisten performers and hardly ever misses a game, even a friendly. Missing the Italy game is the exception rather than the rule as you all know.

I a not sure what exactly Keane's motivation for these comments is-very contradictory stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Yes, because we all know Stephen Irelands word is GOLDEN.

About as golden as Trap's. After all we were told initially there had not been any issues between Trap and Reid over Reid not being selected and then it emerged there had been a heated exchange.

Now we're being told they have done all they can to get Ireland back. Well I'm not convinced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

About as golden as Trap's. After all we were told initially there had not been any issues between Trap and Reid over Reid not being selected and then it emerged there had been a heated exchange.

Now we're being told they have done all they can to get Ireland back. Well I'm not convinced.

Why should they do all they can? If Ireland wants to come back he can do it himself, he is a grow man despite him trying to continously prove otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Why should they do all they can? If Ireland wants to come back he can do it himself, he is a grow man despite him trying to continously prove otherwise.

Seperate issue. The question here is are they lieing to us or not?

They should they do all they can because he's the best outfield Irish player by a mile. I don't think we know all the facts as to why Ireland hasn't returned. I suspect there's issues there that need to be resolved and for that to happen it will take leadership from the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Why anyone reads Tabloids is beyond me anyway, cretins.

Ah now Eamon, you can't be saying things like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Seriously,

The guy's been plastered all over the news and the papers the last few days.

Roy thinks this, Roy thinks that re Steven Ireland, re Trappatoni

He's a Soccer player, he was probably our second best player in the 20 years (behind Paul McGrath imo), he manages rubbish English teams.

The guy's a media whore in love with himself. RTE had a segement on the six o clock news and newstalk had him in their hourly bulletin. Who gives a flying monkeys. Why are they giving this clown airtime.

He's soccer's version of Jade Goody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

well i think hes lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I think it's to do with the fact that he is idolised by tens of thousands in this country, just a thought like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Roy is the biggest personality in this country. Bigger than Bono, bigger than Bertie, bigger than Muhammed Ali and bigger than the Pope. He gets the people talking. The media didn't make him up.

Seriously,

The guy's been plastered all over the news and the papers the last few days.

Anything that detracts from pig flu and the recession is good in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He's soccer's version of Jade Goody.

That's just weird.

He's on the Late Late tonight too.

Personally, I can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Used to like him, now I hate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I think it's to do with the fact that he is idolised by tens of thousands in this country, just a thought like.

Ya mainly Cork people and Man Utd fans which is nearly half the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You give a FUNK enough to start a second thread about him.... merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I wish Roy Keane would fcuk off and die or something.
    I bet if Mick McCarthy had camped outside Roy's house for week's he've had told him the exact same thing I just said.
    Fair enough he's entitle to his opinion..but for fcuk's sake Roy..go on a personality course and think before opening your cork yap :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I may have been hasty in my OP. I understand he is entitled to his opinion and I have always been a keane lover but I dont understand why he has to always bring this publicity on himself it just gives the naysayers ammuntition to tear him apart when he does screw up.

I may have been hasty in my OP. I understand he is entitled to his opinion and I have always been a keane lover but I dont understand why he has to always bring this publicity on himself it just gives the naysayers ammuntition to tear him apart when he does screw up.

He was only answering questions to be fair though...

keane2097 wrote: »
    He was only answering questions to be fair though...

I know... that doesnt figure in the heads of the naysayers though does it?

I know... that doesnt figure in the heads of the naysayers though does it?

Of course not, but then being reasonable has never been the strongpoint of the naysayer.

I'm guilty of unreasonably saying "nay" myself on occasion I'm embarrassed to admit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dont forget the late late show people

let your self goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement

I hate Hector.

Jaysis, is there a worse accent than the Nyavan accent?

Wait, yes there is...Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Quit the comments about regions and accents.

Next off-topic post gets an infraction and a ban.

Can ye imagine Roy Keane sitting backstage looking at this hair stuff?

edit: this is on topic and not slagging anyones accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    He speaks the truth, nothing wrong with it.
    +1

the waiting is killing me

• Advertisement
Advertisement