Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Keano shut up? Now with added FUNK

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

..........and we're off............

Fergie...check
    Dunphy...check
    Saipan...check
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone else watching the late late show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I couldnt have been more wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

truely a legend Roy,truely a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought he made a couple of blips early in the interview and maybe said things he maybe didn't mean to come out the way they did but overall he did very well. As usual he is as honest as they come and I would even say that he seems to be getting more comfortable with the media.

Got a few laughs as well, the one about the beard was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

His interviews are always top class.

"I grow a beard and people think I'm depressed."

How can you not love this guy?

His interviews are always top class.

"I grow a beard and people think I'm depressed."

and the pop shot at Eamo

nicely done

Headshot wrote: »
    and the pop shot at Eamo

nicely done
    See this is what I'm talking about, people taking meanings out of what he said.

I think what he was really saying there is that he is an acquaintance rather than a friend. It just came out as if he meant something else by it. I think he is the type of guy who would not consider people friends unless he is very close to them.

Edit to add: If he wanted to take a swipe at Dunph, you would know it. He would have said it straight out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good interview overall, although I don't believe him for a minute when he says he's cool with Mick, Niall etc., and the other stuff in the past. You can tell from the body language that he'll never be able to forget some stuff, and some of the relationships with people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The boy done good, as expected, there was one fairly annoying gimp in the audience at the start tho, would not shut his trap.....was hoping Roy would do a "Patrick Veira" on him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I think people are sometimes surprised he has a personality.

He's funny sometimes, big deal. so are half the world.
    And I kinda like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I always enjoy interviews of his tbh.

I find him very refreshing in a world where people seem to go great pains to speak a lot without actually saying anything. Keane seems to go the opposite way, not actually speaking much, but saying relatively a lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

JPA wrote: »
    I think people are sometimes surprised he has a personality.

He's funny sometimes, big deal. so are half the world.
    And I kinda like him.

So how come it was recorded, then, and not live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

nipplenuts wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

When I see interviews like that it dumbfounds me how some people can dislike him so much. Disagree with him, fair enough, but dislike him with such venom? Says more about them than him IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

nipplenuts wrote: »

And how did they work it, was it canned crowd noises?:confused:

Bill or Eamon are you out there, I dont know where I am

im lost

John Giles wrote: »

im lost

Did Liam ever tell you how to get to Gaffer Falls John?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Did Liam ever tell you how to get to Gaffer Falls John?

listen here keane

you can only go to Gaffer Falls if you were a former manager of your country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

im lost

No change there, John. ;)

Great to see John Giles on Boards. I expect to see lots of moral courage in your posts and of course the honesty of effort...

No change there, John. ;)

Great to see John Giles on Boards. I expect to see lots of moral courage in your posts and of course the honesty of effort...

I have to learn the players names first

listen here keane

you can only go to Gaffer Falls if you were a former manager of your country

I just realised how terribly backwards I got that joke..... damn...

*slinks off into a corner*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To all those people at the start of this thread and in general who jump on everything Keane says hoping to point out when he is wrong.... You are wrong! Roy Keane is a Legend, the best player who has ever and argueably will ever wear the green jersey, he takes no quater from anybody and allways tells it like he sees it. (of course this is just my opinion and i could be wrong....but im not ;))

hmm should i take all that back cos im not from Cork or a Man Utd fan, im going to go with no on that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

I have a bit of a theory on Keano's rants. It always seems that he is always chasing the headlines with a crazy soundbite after another. But could it be that the media are taking advantage of his straight to the point attitude.

Maybe it is not him chasing the media, but the other way around. They know if they mention a topic, they will always get a honest opinion from him, which in the media fuelled football world we live in, an honest opinion means controversy, which will sell papers.

Don't get me wrong I am not defending the guy, he sickens my stomach, but when he was not managing anyone, the media were not bothered with him, now that he is back they will be on him like lesbians on fishsticks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jaysus headshot.... one utd shaped band wagon was enough ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

im lost

Sorry John, myself ane Eamon hit Lillies early last night, we got browned off waiting for the boy. You shouldn't have fallen asleep under the desk again...

Roy Keane is a Legend, the best player who has ever and argueably will ever wear the green jersey
    You are being a bit unfair to a lot of players there. Paul McGrath comes to mind immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

/bites tongue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I know he's a red legend and I am a defender of all things Keane but does anyone else think he should stop commenting on other clubs/managers/his sunderland time and get on with the job at Ipswich?

I saw him on the network 2 news last night telling Trap to do anything do get Ireland back in the squad? Does he not think he has already tried evereything?

He was in the paper there a while ago too asking how Bruce and Hughes were successful? I know maybe he has a point but why invite this needless negative publicity on yourself? He also had a go at Tony Cascarino...which I fully approve of but again, why the needless bad vibes?

I like Keane and awful lot but I really think he should just shut up and do his job quietly and competently.

I think you should go into work and stop talking about Roy Keane.

Everyone is allowed an opinion
    *unless a boards.ie mod doesn't like your opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Why is everything around Keane always blown out of all proportion?? I read Dunphy go on the "attack" this morning about his Late Late apearance then goes on to say he didn't see it :rolleyes:...I just think people read far too much into him....as for Dunphy? well he changes quicker than an Irish Summer, case in point Trappatoni, before his appointment the best thing since sliced bread now seen as something of a cross between Jack Charlton and Steve Staunton :confused:

Advertisement