Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on exchange upgrade and line stats?

Options
  • 01-05-2009 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where would one find out the schedule for exchange upgrades and what line stats you need to receive different levels of DSL speeds?

Thanks...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1. The exchange upgrade schedule is, shall we say, 'aspirational' . Twill be done when tis done....sometime this year then .

2. Line stats only work when already you have BB. As you can only use dialup now I would say that a dialup speed above 35k , consistently, will ensure you get broadband post upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I actually have BB now. BT 2Mbit package, but that is the fastest my exchange is capable of, or so they say. I asked them about when the exchange is being upgraded to faster speeds but they said don't know when.

Helpful..

Advertisement