Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v WBA on tv?

Options
  • 01-05-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Lads, anyone know anywhere showing the game tom?

Its important that we bounce back from last week with 3 points and I see no reason why we shouldnt. Despite their position I dont think it will be easy, their win last week left them with a glimmer of hope so I expect them to battle for everything.. Hopefully we will to much class going forward for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

1-0 win,Defoe had a good goal dissalowed for offside looks like a bad decision from the linesman,six clean sheets at home in a row now. long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

tippspur wrote: »
    1-0 win,Defoe had a good goal dissalowed for offside looks like a bad decision from the linesman,six clean sheets at home in a row now. long may it continue.
    good result and another clean sheet. not sure about the Defoe goal, think he was slightly offside. Would love to beat Everton at Goodison next week. they're not in great form at the moment so we have a chance and we used to have a good record there up till a few years ago.
    Think we can forget about Europe for next season but I'm not too bothered. Maybe we need a season to concentrate on our league form.

C'mon Leinster. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Was at the game yesterday. Not a great performance and was very typical of a 'end of season with nothing to play for'.

Lennon, Modric, Corluka and Gomes stood out and Defoe looked hungry as ever when he came on.

Had a few beers after with some Baggies and Swiss Basel/Spurs fans, which was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

your man in front of u has a nice head of hair rich!!

good pics. must ahev been a good seat u look pretty close to the pitch. was the end we scored???

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Look like great seats. Can I ask what boozer you guys drink at when over there as the selection around the ground don't seem great.

Also is tottenham hale the best tube stop to get off at rather than seven sisters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Seillejet wrote: »
    Look like great seats. Can I ask what boozer you guys drink at when over there as the selection around the ground don't seem great.

Also is tottenham hale the best tube stop to get off at rather than seven sisters?

A few of us normally drink in the coach and horses (5 min walk north of WHL on the high road)

Walking distance is pretty much the same from both 7 sisters and Tott Hale. About 20min (brisk walk). But there are tonnes of buses from 7 sisters that pass by WHL, you can also get train from 7 sisters to WHL station, normally every 20 mins - 5 min journey.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Shane is right about the transport options from Seven Sisters, but if you are getting back on to the tube network after the game you can't beat Tottenham Hale, as the southbound Vic Line tubes stop there before Seven Sisters, so you get a seat...:D

After the Coach & Horses I'd recommend the beer garden of the Bricklayer's Arms (inside gets very packed), or continue north past the C&H to Upper Edmonton for a Wetherspoons (The Gilpin's Bell) which is roomy, and you'll get cheap beer.

I'm told the Bill Nicholson is a good option as well, though leave the wife and kids at home as they provide "gentleman's" entertainment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Thanks lads. I have drank in the Coach & Horses but the other ones are all new on me so looking forward to paying them a visit. I didnt realise that there were trains from seven sisters and agree about the tottenham hale after the game. I think I haven't had the right ticket quite a few times but palying the dumb oirish mick comes easy to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

keane=cock wrote: »
    your man in front of u has a nice head of hair rich!!

good pics. must ahev been a good seat u look pretty close to the pitch. was the end we scored???

Seats wwere in Park Lane (South Stand Lower Tier) which was opposite end to Jenas goal but we were looking straight down the barrell and new it was going in from the moment he hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I prefer Liverpool Street to WHL by mainline - Travelcard covers it from Heathrow even!

Ronan - Gentlemen's entertainment indeed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement