Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check for Broadband ( before you buy or rent) on daft.ie

Options
  • 01-05-2009 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Vodafone have pulled off a nice one. You may now 'check' for broadband before you rent or buy on Daft.ie ...I suspect a boards connection here so fess up to Sponge Bob whoever knew about this :)

I am however a tad suspicious about Vodafone@Home being available in houses that never actually had a land line in the first place obviously enough and therefore I feel that this is false advertising or a false promotion and that normal eircom terms and conditions apply :D

These eircom T&Cs are that you are entitled to precisely **** all even if the exchange is enabled .

That brings us to This one is straight across the road from the Furbo exchange which has not been enabled at ALL .

That makes me very suspicious altogether so it does .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Mhhh... They want to be careful with the false advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

vodafone landline & home broadband available in this area

They have been clever with the wording. It doesn't say it is available in that specific property.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Furbo area has no DSL at all . It is , in short , a LIE !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Dare I say that's a bit... DAFT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Quick edits being done. No mention of BB now on the 2 linked.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A bit like the flu sufferers entering US sent to Destruction. They later edited it to Destination.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Is there any Mobile BB from voda in the area?

LOL :D

The Voda link has been pulled off Daft even where DSL is available .

Top Tip for Voda , do not put it back UNTIL you get a hidden/non displayed field with the current telephone number of the property for sale/rent and precheck it for DSL BEFORE you display the link .

IE it passes or it does NOT display .

That would be a very useful feature but the 'universal Vodafone @ home for everybody' feature I saw this morning on daft.ie looked like some cockeyed scheme dreamt up by a typical Irish marketing **** :(

Be very careful you do not get a Telphone number to check for 'sites for sale' , sites tend not to have phone lines ....them being fields like :p

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    LOL :D

The Voda link has been pulled off Daft even where DSL is available .

Top Tip for Voda , do not put it back UNTIL you get a hidden/non displayed field with the current telephone number of the property for sale/rent and precheck it for DSL BEFORE you display the link .

IE it passes or it does NOT display .

That would be a very useful feature but the 'universal Vodafone @ home for everybody' feature I saw this morning on daft.ie looked like some cockeyed scheme dreamt up by a typical Irish marketing **** :(

Be very careful you do not get a Telphone number to check for 'sites for sale' , sites tend not to have phone lines ....them being fields like :p

Im still seeing it? Am i missing something?

It is back as a horrible dirty BANNER on top that does not display properly .

It was nestled in under the "Features" of the property earlier . The webmonkeys will be late to lunch till they fix that banner so they will :D

Hop to it webmonkeys !!!!

• Advertisement

LOL again daft webmonkeys :D

The Vodafone @ Home links are back

This time if you click through the links in post 1 You will see [EMAIL="Vodafone@Home"]Vodafone@Home[/EMAIL] blandly described as "broadband options" way down the page and not in the Features of the individual property as they were this morning . This will probably save Daft from being sued rotten by every estate agent in Ireland but do these people not realise that information in an Estate Agents brochure is considered actionable nowadays ( Property brochures were not actionable not up to a few years ago for some odd reason )

It does not claim any more to be "in the area" but rather does it claim to be "available" in Barna and "available" in Furbo .

The marketing ****s may say that the claim it is 'available' means it has launched in Ireland but as it shows in an add for a given house in a given area that is a frivoulous argument . A lie is what we call it outside marketing ****dom.

The Vodafone @ Home link should make no claim to being available in Furbo because it is not . False and misleading advertising 101 .

Stupid bastards are also claiming it is available out in the Atlantic . Follow this particular link to the wilds of Donegal and scroll down .

I think that if anybody buys that gaff in Donegal after seeing that then Vodafone will have to install ADSL for them by any means possible . I hope they get the marketing ****s to row the currach over with the dslam in it .

Advertisement