Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC: Can't get to BIOS

Options
  • 01-05-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've just put together my PC. Below are the list of core components,
    Intel Core? i7 Quad Processor i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, X58
    Asus Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
    Corsair Powersupply 750W Black, ATX/EPS
    OCZ Reaper HPC DDR3 1866MHz 6GB KIT
    Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 2233BW

I installed everything but I can't seem to get anything to show up on the screen.
    The first thing I did was to check that the wire was working, testing it on another computer, I saw that it was.
    The GFX card has two power supply wires going into the slots. The fan on the GFX is running.
    As far as I can tell, the CD Rom and the HD are running, although I can't be sure.

The Post Code device is not operating, just showing all possible parts of it lit to look like 8.8.

Basically I'm stumped and can't figure out which part isn't operational.
    To be sure, I took out every component and put it back in, including the CPU, RAM and GFX card. The Thermal paste is correctly applied and the CPU does not get particuarly hot it seems.
    All the fans are operational.
    I also re-did the connectors for the power switches, although my case does not possess a Message/Power/Sleep LED

I have a wire for my case which is called Micro SW, but I can't find anywhere to connect it.

I tried just running the CPU, Mobo and Ram, but couldn't get that to show the digit info on the mobo,

Basically I got nothing I'm hoping its just something stupid I've forgotten to do.

Comments

Advertisement