Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little bit of passion for everything...

Options
  • 01-05-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was reading these fitness logs here for a good while now and was thinking about starting my own one too... So today is the day.

I'll start from some stats:

Sex: Female
    Height: 164cm (very close to 5'4)
    Weight: 60.2kg (9st 5lbs, last week's average)
    BF: 20.9% (approx - I'm very bad with those callipers)

and some other measurements:
    Waist: 70cm (27.5")
    Hips: 95cm (sick of that conversion stuff already - lets go all metrics)
    Bicep: 27.5cm
    Thigh: 56cm (thickest point)
    Calve: 33cm

My goals would be to loose some body fat: I'd love to see my abs. This a small goal (is it? really?). And a big goal would be to bench press my own weight (unreal too??? - we'll see!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

So, this is the first entry and it's a yesterday's visit to the gym:
    2009-04-30-Workout.jpg

It was my leg training day. My squats are really lacking but I'm too afraid to do my back again. It put me off training for over a week recently. So, I'm really carefull with adding weight on my back.

And this is what I ate yesterday (my diet is a mess, I know):
    2009-04-30-Diet.jpg

Macros prot/carbs/fat: 30%/31%/39%. I keep setting the goals for macros and keep failing to follow them... but I shoudn't... if I realy want to see those abs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Wow, you are organised.

How many days per week do you plan on working out? What cardio, if any, do you plan on doing?

Oh and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

yea ditto on organisation!

Thanks, I'm a bit obsessed with numbers and all other data :) I used to work as database administrator for 2 years, so now I see db in nearly every set of data ;)

ok, so this is yesterday's workout:

2009-05-01-Workout.jpg

My bench press has stalled at 45kg at the moment. I'm thinking about going back to 42.5kg to be able to do more sets with higher weight. And also it didn't help doing heavy dealifts before benching either ;)

• Advertisement

And of course, what was on the menu yesterday:
    2009-05-01-Diet.jpg

Macros prot/carbs/fat: 28% / 39% / 33%. Too low on proteins... not again :(

Yesterday's visit to the gym:
    2009-05-02-Workout.jpg

I did those split squats the first time and absolutely hated them. Will try something else instead the next time. I also did 20mins of cardio at the end of workout (intervals on the xtrainer). And sorry for missing the question about cardio above, I used to alternate cardio sessions with weight lifting days, but I gave it up for the last month and I didn't notice any increase in my weight, so it looked like that all time wasted doing cardio was for nothing. I'm gonna do 20-30mins cardio after my weight training from now on and only when I feel like it :) and see what happens. Afterall I think it's easier to control my diet that killing my time on cardio machines (like that hamster in the wheel).

And the diet:
    2009-05-02-Diet.jpg

Macros p/c/f: 36% / 34% / 30%. This is much better than the day before :)

Yesterday's workout:
    2009-05-03-Workout.jpg

I managed to bench 47.5kg 3 times yesterday and was very pleased with that. Cmon 50kg! Maybe the next time ;)

Yesterday was my 'off-diet' day when I eat everything I want as much I want. I opt for one off-diet day a week just to keep that metabolism going.

Today and tomorrow are the rest days i.e. no training. But diet is back on track after yesterdays ice-cream and all that other bad stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

j@utis wrote: »
    My goals would be to loose some body fat: I'd love to see my abs. This a small goal (is it? really?). And a big goal would be to bench press my own weight (unreal too??? - we'll see!).

Looks like fairl manageable goals. Granted, both will require a llot of hard work on your part, but you seem to be doing that already, and i'm sure with time you will get there. Maybe if you break it down into smaller goals (like adding 5kg to the bench over next month or two etc) it will be easy to keep motivated.
    Yesterday's workout:

I managed to bench 47.5kg 3 times yesterday and was very pleased with that. Cmon 50kg! Maybe the next time ;)

Bench has always been my weak point so i know how great it feels to break through a sticking point. Well done and keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'm trying hard.
    Yesterday was no training day as I mentioned so only diet here:
    2009-05-04-Diet.jpg

My stomach was killing me yesterday. I was hugging the toilet since two 2am and all day was spent in bed. I stuck mainly to boiled rice for all day. It started getting better in the evening; then I got this weird craving for peanut butter :) .
    2009-05-05-Diet.jpg

Yesterday was off-training day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Yesterday's workout:
    2009-05-03-Workout.jpg

3 consecutive reps?

That is just plain savage.

Today was supposed to be my leg training day and gues what? I managed to pull something in my right tigh on the first rep of squats! First rep of the first warm-up set with the empty bar. I usually squat without anything on my back a few times before I move on to weighted and today I didn't :mad: :mad: :mad:. I feel so stupid for letting this happen. Afterall it was the lesson learnt the hard way. I guess it was my hamstring that went. No leg training for me for a good while now I'm afraid. :mad::mad::mad: This the second time I injure myself with squats within the last month, should I just give them up at all :(
    And they say consistency is the key is this sport (if you can call bodybuilding sport (it more like a beauty contest I'd say)). I find it impossible to be consistent. Sorry, I'm just really pissed off here and getting way too emotional (...ah women).

kevpants wrote: »
    3 consecutive reps?

That is just plain savage.

Thanks kev! It was actually 3.5 reps but the 4th never happened, ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

maybe u should try some streches before u do squats, like touching ur toes etc

well, it's too late now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

well, it's too late now...

Naaahhhh. If you don't get pulls and strains you aren't doing it right. It happens.

Ice and rest for the next 48 hrs then start the recovery process. Really light hamstring exercises for lots of reps, get lots of blood flowing to it. Don't get sucked into the "rest it until it gets better or you could make it worse" crap.

Have you had the same injury before??

If so it probably just means there is some other part of you not working right. Injuries like that are caused because some other part of you isn't doing its job. E.g. my back keeps getting injured due to a problem with my glutes, people get knee problems because of tight IT bands etc.

If it's something that keeps happening a good physio would tell you why and you could tackle the problem once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

leg swings ftw. dont let your pelvis rock back and forth though. i do those and hip circles before squats. or see a physio, actually physios probably better.
    seriously good benching btw. whats your secret.

few weeks before I had pain in my lower back after doing squats (I blame that infamous 'butt wink'). That was gone in a good week. I fixed my form there (had somebody watchin and shouting at me). Then I was training happilly for two-three weeks and boom today my ham goes :( just because I didn't stretch it properly. I used to strech everytime before doing squats (couple of bw squats) and today was that only one day I didn't and injury happened. It all because of my stupid head. I have some problem (unindentified) with my left hip, normally it's fine but it starts aching if I run fast (slow run is ok). So no left hip + no righ tigh and I basically can put myself into wheelchair. :mad:
    Well now I'm happy to be able to walk as I have two oncomming night shifts to do at work.

• Advertisement

Yesterday's diet:
    2009-05-06-Diet.jpg

Yesterday's training = injury as mentioned above. Today pain is more localized :rolleyes: and it feels more like tendion/ligament than musle injury. It is sore to climb up/down the stairs but much less than yesterday so it leaves me a bit of hope to be fine again very soon.

Heading off to the gym again today, might do some bicep curls but nothing too much :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Heading off to the gym again today, might do some bicep curls but nothing too much :rolleyes:

Pfft its not called bicep curls, its called working the guns

For warmups i do a hip mobility warmup which ill find the link for you. Its a good way to get the leg and hip joints all moving beofre squatting.

Also, Ice the injury until you are bored and then ice it some more.

working the guns lol :D Btw bicep is the part of my body I don't like working out at all. I hate working out my biceps to be honest :)

Yesterday's workout went pretty well but without big moves (no deadlifts due to the bad leg) amount of calories burnt was just pathetic (I can burn nearly the same sitting on the sofa in front of tv):
    2009-05-07-Workout.jpg

And the menu:
    2009-05-07-Diet-1.jpg

jeez - I just looked out the window - weather is horrible today!

Yesterday's training: did interval cardio: 20mins xtrainer, 20mins on treadmill + a good few dozens of BW squats and lunges, and also a few sets of frog leaps (looked funny I guessed).
    Total duration: 53minutes, 515kcal

and the food:
    2009-05-08-Diet.jpg

No training yesterday: all day spent at work and gym closes early on Sat.
    Instead, I was munching away all day long:
    2009-05-09-Diet.jpg
    Nearly 2000kcal and it felt good, I love food :D

Yesterday's workout:
    2009-05-10-Workout-1.jpg

And it was a quite short one because I was in hurry to leopardstown races. But still another PB was reached: benched 50kg 3x, excellent :cool:

And yesterday's diet:
    2009-05-10-Diet.jpg

I had a pint of guinness at the Leopardstown races just to remind myself my body's zero tolerance for alcohol: my stomach got upset straight away after drinking it and two hour later headache kicked in - hangover after one pint :D but this doesn't upset me at all, never liked alcohol.

• Advertisement

and here we go again... yesterday I did my legs. Low weight, higher reps. feel my hamstrings nicely today:
    2009-05-11-Workout.jpg

Advertisement