Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst injury you've had from playing ball....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I did the same, kept playing on it and making it worse. When i eventually went to physio, she said that by not icing it straight away and taking care of it properly it had healed wonky (think of your fingers linked together, it should have been like they could slide in and out of each other, but it was like they were at an angle so when they tried to stretch there was resistence which caused them to go again from the slightest thing). She massaged the muscle out (agony) to get it back to starting point and had me do loads of excercises on it for a month before i was allowed back. It was still too soon, but at least for the first 30mins i wasn't even aware of it, which was a first for a long time, could kick fine etc, it just wasn't able for the full hour. Definately on the mend though, so it might be a good idea for you to head into someone like that or it might not get healed properly.

Exact same scenario as I had, and spot on advice about healing it too.

Horribly painful injury to have. Sneezing was hurt so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

You know whats really annoying.

When its a frosty morning and you go to slide tackle someone or a cold day and the ball smacking you on the back/thigh/ear.

Sound like a right pansy now but thought Id lighten the mood given its all serious injuries.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Playing in goals for both GAA and soccer, have been hurt more times than I can remember but rarely injured.

Sprained every one of my fingers at one stage or another when I was younger, but growing older naturally builds strength so I've had no hand injuries since I was 16 or so (20 now).
    Bruised my ribs and my hip a few times in one-on-on collisions, but always in fair challenges, never badly enough to make me leave the pitch.
    Jarred my left knee 2 months ago (after coming on as a substitute striker :rolleyes: ) when my studs got stuck in the mud, but finished the game anyway. It still feels a bit sore to run on, particularly in sprint training, so I probably should have had it looked at properly.
    I'm pretty sure I broke a bone in my foot when I was 16. I tried to clear a back-pass and took a kick across the top of the foot, it was bruised all the way through to the sole for about 3 weeks afterwards. I just played with an extra pairt of socks for added support. Again, I probably should have had it checked out, because I took up ju-jitsu for a while and felt some strange movements behind 2 of my toes doing kicking drills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Suffered from a serious swollen head once after scoring a hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I fell on a knee when i was 14 and couldnt even walk for 2 years coz i messed up something,dont even know anymore what was that but i remember it as the worst period of my life,never knew how was the feeling when they tell you you can run again and you feel like you forgot doing that after 2 years

Advertisement