Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogo Argentino

Options
  • 01-05-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello,I am looking for a Dogo Argentino or Argentinian Mastiff breeder either here in Ireland or maybe as far as France/Germany if anybody could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PBT

Bumping this up

Please folks any advice at all would really be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Dont think we've any here, you'd have to go to european mainland I'd reckon. Why you fancy a dogo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

yes, dont think there are any here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

I don't mean to pry....but I've seen an ad placed just today for DA pups, but I don't recommend anyone inexperienced to shop from these type of ads. Have you had one before? Are you familiar with the breed standard and aware of the relevant health checks? Do you know what to look for in a breeder to ensure they're reputable and that you're not being conned?

Ugh...I hate that I'm sounding like I'm on a high horse here:o....but if you can convince me you know what you're doing, I'll post up the link since you're not having any luck finding a pup.. Personally- I get the feeling that this 'breeder' could be chancing his arm...I dunno....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

well said socket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Hi call me socket I've been looking into getting a dogo for awhile now I even PMed someone off this forum who said he knew of breeders in France and Germany but he never got back to me. Anyways I'd love to get that link if you have it, you can PM me it if you want. Also am willing to answer any questions you might have regarding reasons behind why I want a dogo etc.

Cheers.

To be perfectly honest Idont know know why Im fascinated with Dogos the few (much too short) times in my life I have dealt with them I have just been in complete amazement at their Stance prescence and personality they just feel like the right Dog for me.I have allot of experience with large dog breeds and I am also aware that this breed in the wrong hands could be extremely dangerous.(As we all know so could allot of other dogs)

I know from talking to other breeders that some Dogo's suffer from hearing and sight loss and need to be tested acordingly, I have also heard but not confirmed that they can suffer from sunburn.Besides all of them the parents should also be Hip scored.

Oh sorry both ad's I have seen for Dogo's HERE in Ireland where scams so buyers beware

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Yeah I think this ad is a scam as well....and I'm not familiar with the breed so don't know by the pic if they are even DA pups!
    And eh....ahem...they come with full "peppers".... I presume he means papers?

DApups.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pitty lover

they are lovely but i dont think there are any in the country feel free 2 correct me if im wrong :) but if so someone wanting to get one would need to do proper research they are not for people with little experance they need a strong handler but they are great dogs if trained and cared for properly i would love one but i dont think my 2 would be impressed :)

• Advertisement

Hello folks im still on the hunt for one of these beauties anybody got any leads i could use?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Is it not illeagal to own a dogo in Ireland without n exemption from the court?? I think it is the case in the UK anyway ....Just going on what I have heard PBT, not based on fact.

I presume you have tried the IKC for help on this? :confused:

Best of luch with your search providing you have done all the necessary research on this breed and you want to ensure you buy from a reputable breeder, Call me socket is very right in saying make sure you do not get scammed by con artists

If you are looking to buy abroad i recomend contacting the kennel clubs in those countries to see if they know breeders

Once again i cannot stress anough, make sure to buy from a reputable breeder (you will be blue in the face from hearing this from everyone but it is of utmost importance :o)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement