Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Middlesbrough vs Man Utd

• 01-05-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭

b_30.pngVb_12.png

vds
    oshea--evans----vidic----evra

^^^ thats dead on anyway after that who knows

maybe

vds
    oshea--evans----vidic----evra
    --nani---scholes--carrick----park
    kiko---berba

bench will be very powerful

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

assuming you want to keep the league interesting...

you know what to do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

VDS

Raf
    Evans
    Vidic
    Evra

Scholes
    Carrick

Tevez
    Giggs
    Park

Berbatov

Can always bring in Rooney and Ronnie if we aint making any breakthrough.

This way Anderson, Fletcher, Rooney and Ronaldo all get a rest. They spent the most energy against Arsenal, Tevez will run all day even with playing v Boro. Berbatov has played well against Spurs and Arsenal and looks like he's really trying to make an effort, could see him doing well up front tomorrow.

Is Fabio back from injury? If he is then maybe he could go in instead of Evra. Evra needs a rest/kick in the hole. Big fan of him but very disappointing performances of late.

I think we should get the win tomorrow if we have the right attitude and the right amount of top performers. I'd hate to see Fergie throwing in a load of young lads and watch us struggle all day and then have to throw on a few to pull us outta the crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

read somewhere that Monsieur Ferguson said he'd be making around 8 changes from the Arsenal game.

tbh, when i looked at Utds run in a while ago, this is a fixture i thought they'd struggle in.

Middlesborough are in dire need of points, Utd will be fielding a team with massive changes, Middlesborough always do quite well against the top4 at the Riverside.

I think Utd may drop points.

of course Utd are capable of steam rolling them & i wouldnt be suprised if they did, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

You just can't see where the goals are going to come from for Boro, that means this shouldn't be as much of stumbling block as it usually would be.

United are limping to the title though so I am predicting nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sir Alex Ferguson will make numerous changes to the team that beat Arsenal for Saturday lunch-time’s crucial trip to Middlesbrough.

With a quick turnaround between trips to the Riverside and the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday for the Champions League semi-final, second leg, Sir Alex will freshen up his starting eleven against Gareth Southgate’s men.

As if the threat of relegation isn’t enough to fire up Boro’s players, they always seem to raise their game for United’s visit. But the Reds are keen not to let slip a three-point lead over second-placed Liverpool, who entertain Newcastle in Sunday’s 13:30 BST kick-off.

“I have got a squad, and I intend to use it,” says Sir Alex. “The midfield will change and the players up front will also probably change. I’ll bring some freshness into the team in some important areas.

“There’s Paul Scholes, Darron Gibson, Ji-sung Park and Nani, who didn’t play against Arsenal. But I won’t change my back four, which will be much the same apart from Rio. But up front I’ve got Federico Macheda and Danny Welbeck, and they may be involved.”

Arsenal have an advantage in that, with four place practically secured, they can rest players for their visit to Portsmouth on Saturday (KO 15:00 BST).

“That’s Arsenal’s big advantage really,” added the Reds boss. “They could play Pat Rice [Arsenal assistant manager] at right-back and Arsene centre-forward if they like. It doesn’t matter so much for them. We have to play a team to win against Middlesbrough. It’s a lunchtime kick-off, which I don’t think is right. But we have to get on with it.”

still confident of the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

deisedevil wrote: »
    Is Fabio back from injury?

Got injured again in the reserve game last night afaik - headshot can probably confirm...

I reckon Tevez and Berbatov could start up front together since neither played a full game against Arsenal.

Fletcher and Anderson sure to be rested, Scholes sure to play, so we'll probably see Park, Carrick and maybe Ronaldo in with him.

Fergie has said he doesn;t worry too much about resting Rooney and Ronaldo since they don't really struggle with burn out, so hopefully we won't be stuck with anything like Park with Nani, Scholes and Giggs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Have a feeling Fergie might be playing a few mind games ;) with boro. Hint at a weakened team then deflate Boro when he plays a stronger one than expected, 2 first half goals - game over - take off 2 of the ones in need of a rest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

he said in the press conference this morning that all the lads are buzzing round trainig today and all want to play, so i am hopefull that he won't decimate the midfield, and that he does not start Gibson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

keane2097 wrote: »
    so hopefully we won't be stuck with anything like Park with Nani, Scholes and Giggs...

God lets hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think Utd may drop points.

of course Utd are capable of steam rolling them & i wouldnt be suprised if they did, but you never know.

Quite possible - a month ago i did my predictions. So far they're bang on

I predicted United to slip up vs Wigan and Middlesboro, still think one of those will happen. Pool to draw with the hammers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Trilla wrote: »
    I predicted United to slip up vs Wigan

Won't happen.

That will be a guaranteed Brucey Bonus for United.

I'm not buying all this talk of Fergie making wholesale changes tbh.

Its the usual fergie b0llocks, he's been at it for years.

He knows that dropping points will give Pool a massive boost so I can't see him even jepordising it.

I would'nt even be suprised to see ferdinand play !

I do think that even with a very strong united team out they may slip up but and its a big but, it will need a performance of the season by Boro. They should watch a video of Fulham-united and get in their faces from the off.

Prediction is 1-1 (eternal optomist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

To quote my brother from Wednesday, can someone arrange for BOTH teams to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm always nervy playing Middlesbrough away. Wasn't it last season we were 2-0 down at one stage...or possibly 1-0 down? Something bad anyway.

Going by what Fergie said:

VDS
    O'Shea (Brown?)--Vidic--Evans--Evra
    Nani----Gibson---Scholes---Wellbeck
    Giggs

Tevez

To be honest, that was a fairly half hearted attempt at guessing a team.

kinaldo wrote: »
    To quote my brother from Wednesday, can someone arrange for BOTH teams to lose?

lol so your hatred for utd is so much you'd want boro to get a pt and that pt could be very important (im presuming you want a draw)

your hatred has really clouded your judgement

you should be praying utd win

Tom65 wrote: »

VDS
    O'Shea (Brown?)--Vidic--Evans--Evra
    Nani----Gibson---Scholes---Wellbeck
    Giggs

Tevez

I hope that is the team !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Headshot wrote: »
    lol so your hatred for utd is so much you'd want boro to get a pt and that pt could be very important (im presuming you want a draw)

your hatred has really clouded your judgement

you should be praying utd win
    eh, no

I literally want both teams to lose

That failing I hope Manyoo go out and thrash Boro

Happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think the main question to be asked here straight out is who is the ref and does he have a pair of balls!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think the main question to be asked here straight out is who is the ref and does he have a pair of balls!!

Oh no please don't start this...

monkey9 wrote: »

how funny is that I was going to post the above in the liverpool match day thread when it gets created

funny world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm quite worried about this game. I suspect United will win it, just about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

This on telly boyos?

This on telly boyos?

it is mate

saturday ko 12.45 sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

SS1 i believe, mammoth day of sport tomorrow!

Headshot wrote: »
    it is mate

saturday ko 12.45 sky sports
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    SS1 i believe, mammoth day of sport tomorrow!

This is so sick. I reeeeeeally have to study but Im gonna get literally nothing done tomorrow with this match, the Leinster game AND Hatton fight.

ugh. Fuck my life.

This is so sick. I reeeeeeally have to study but Im gonna get literally nothing done tomorrow with this match, the Leinster game AND Hatton fight.

ugh. Fuck my life.

take a day off, **** study, its only 4th year bnl. Piece of piss imo.

I think its Utd at 1, Chelsea/Arse at 3, Rugby on at half 5 or whatever it is, el classico with snooker when theres nothing else on and then Hatton fight (if anyone knows somewhere in Dublin showing this PM me will ya - sorry for OT mods)

ugh. Fuck my life.

In exactly the same boat - it's some disaster!

Fúck snooker and its hypnotic properties is all I can say...

take a day off, **** study, its only 4th year bnl. Piece of piss imo.

I think its Utd at 1, Chelsea/Arse at 3, Rugby on at half 5 or whatever it is, el classico with snooker when theres nothing else on and then Hatton fight (if anyone knows somewhere in Dublin showing this PM me will ya - sorry for OT mods)

lol 3rd Comm....even piece of pissier but still the ole GPA has taken a walloping lately so responsible Steve should do some work. Unfortunately... realistic Steve knows it wont happen.

ugh. Fuck my life.

pacman ftw

• Advertisement

Bill

I can only take each game on its merits and if you look at both teams,if you look at the honesty, the work effort and patience you'll see utd will be top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Any team news yet?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Any good streams for this match? JustinTv is always shoite!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

from redcafe...

Confirmed Team
    Foster
    O'Shea Vidic Evans Evra
    Park Giggs Scholes Rooney
    Macheda Berbatov

Subs: Ronaldo. ando nani gibson kuz tevez rafael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

jaykay74 wrote: »
    from redcafe...

Confirmed Team
    Foster
    O'Shea Vidic Evans Evra
    Park Giggs Scholes Rooney
    Macheda Berbatov

Subs: Ronaldo. ando nani gibson kuz tevez rafael

You beat me to it.

PS.. those redcafe boys... fookin nutters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Very scary line-up. What's up with VDS, surely you don't to rest a keeper.

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Very scary line-up. What's up with VDS, surely you don't to rest a keeper.

Big guns resting for Arsenal obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

15692838.jpg

Very surprised he started Rooney, was pretty sure that he wouldn't be starting.

Regardless of what team was put out Boro always up their game big time against the big teams and are capable of getting results. big potential banana skin here but hopefully we can carry the momentum of the last 2 results and the good performances (2nd half from spurs onwards with us). Giggs will need to play pretty well - bit worried about our lack of legs in midfield there but I have faith.

Cmon UTD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

m83 wrote: »
    Big guns resting for Arsenal obviously.

But a keeper? FFS he had to make one save Wednesday. Right I'm off to the pub (never pay for sky), C'mon United.

Very surprised he started Rooney, was pretty sure that he wouldn't be starting.

Regardless of what team was put out Boro always up their game big time against the big teams and are capable of getting results. big potential banana skin here but hopefully we can carry the momentum of the last 2 results and the good performances (2nd half from spurs onwards with us). Giggs will need to play pretty well - bit worried about our lack of legs in midfield there but I have faith.

Cmon UTD!

Rooney won't be starting against le Arse with his two yellow cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Bit worried about both Scholes and Giggs in midfield , But happy enough with the overall team , Should be enough to see Utd get the result.

Curious to see how Macheda does, particularly partnering Berbatov. He was very impressive in the Carling Cup final. Stronger line up than I had expected. Still, I'm always nervous before Middlesbrough away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its more about giving Foster a chance than Edwin needing a break. He is being blooded into the #1 spot, every game we make changes for, pop Ben in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Tom65 wrote: »
    Curious to see how Macheda does, particularly partnering Berbatov. He was very impressive in the Carling Cup final. Stronger line up than I had expected. Still, I'm always nervous before Middlesbrough away.

Same as that

m83 wrote: »
    Rooney won't be starting against le Arse with his two yellow cards.

Id be seriously pissed off if this is the case. We must make sure we get to the final first and not playing Rooney takes away so much of our game. But Ill save that for the midweek thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Boro away is always dodgy. That said, the team should be good enough to win.

I'm very worried about the lack of legs in the middle of the Park, but Fletcher and Anderson needed to be rested.

We should have enough to win it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Interesting, I thought Berbatov would be starting on Tuesday, maybe not then.

PHB wrote: »
    I'm very worried about the lack of legs in the middle of the Park, but Fletcher and Anderson needed to be rested.

Is that a pun..? :p

I'm hopeful Scholes and Giggs will be okay. I'd imagine Anderson will come on around the 60 minute mark, Gibson too, at some point.

Kiko ftw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tevez must be counting down the days till he leaves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement