Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricky Hatton v Manny Pacquio

Options
  • 01-05-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi Guys,

As we all know Hatton takes on Manny in Saturday's big night fight from Vegas. Any thoughts on who will win this one? Boylesports are offering a special on Hatton but I'm not sure if it will be of any use. This article says that Hatton had problems in his training camp.

Every single punter I talk to seems to say this one's Hattons, so why the hell is Pacquoi favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Every single punter I talk to seems to say this one's Hattons, so why the hell is Pacquoi favourite?

Just goes to show. I haven't talked to anyone, with knowledge of boxing, who fancys Hatton at all.
    And the reason Pacman is favourite is because his overall record, and his recent record, is so much better than Hattons.

(I've no real opinion myself from a betting viewpoint. Would take 4/5 Pacman. Would take 9/4 RH. Sadly neither price is going to happen.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

Hatton is not without a chance. Don't write off his chances. Pacquiao has been stopped by a body shot before at 113lbs, even though it was decades ago now. Hatton is perhaps a little bit more weight drained than usual looking at the weigh-in but that aside the so called problems in his camp aren't out of the ordinary, they might even add a bit of edge to it. Pacquiao could have been much bigger for this fight but he isn't which means he could get on his bike and 4.6s seems a little bit big for him to win a decision against Hatton, if that's what he's going to do. Pacquiao has fought A1 opponents and beaten them consistently but on the other hand Hatton has destroyed his less classy opponents and wasn't completely destroyed by a much bigger PBF even though Hatton was walking onto shots all night. The ref won't intervene like Cortez did that night, Hatton might be able to get inside and the fight could hinge on how well Pacquaio takes a few body shots.

It'll be an interesting fight but my only bet before the off is a Pacquiao points win.

Advertisement