Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiboxing :D

• 01-05-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭

Well, as the title says, Im thinking of Multiboxing using the Recruit a Friend (RAF) to gain a level 60 druid and a 60 priest.

Firstly, How do I multibox and secondly, Any tips for doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

all you need here

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php

also you can get a program called keyclone, very handy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Careful now!

Most pointless **** ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If I was unemployed right now, I'd be multiboxing for sure.

It not only enables you to gain triple xp therefore level extremely fast, it allows you a host of options for endgame.

I was always a dpser, therefore high end raids and guilds were hard to come by, I'd have to have a 6 foot long e-penis to impress and get myself in. Where as you could be a **** tank or healer, and walk right into any raid/group/guild. Or any niche class for that matter.

Lucky enough I'm able to RaF with a mate, and I've basically 4-5 options come 80, although it is going to take time, it opens up options for myself and makes the game wider and more enjoyable from many different aspects.

I'll have a tank, a healer, multiple dps classes, a pvp char, arena char and niche classes like shamans etc making the game so more enjoyable and open for me its incredible.

The ability to do this, on your own is incredibly tempting, just lucky ive a mate who i could join for raf.

Its not silly, its not gay, its not nerdy beyond belief. Its simple to do, takes little skill, and requires a bit of reading, a bit of extra money.

The attitude multiboxing gets is so hypocritical its not even funny.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    its gay

Nuff said.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Nuff said.

Zomg howd you twist my words??

If youve nothing constructive to say to help the op, dont bother tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Most pointless **** ever.
    What exactly makes it pointless? Sounds like someone has been pwned too many times by 5-box shamans :)

Quite frankly, I don't see the harm in it. It sounds like a nice and interesting project, especially if someone has started to grow tired of the game. It is within the terms and conditions and users pay extra for the extra accounts, so by being 5 times more powerful, you end up paying 5 times more for subs.

I have two accounts, so I've been thinking about multiboxing for a while. However, my 2nd priest has just reached 80 and I've been busy gearing him up for shadow (first emblem loot was off KT, 1h15m after reaching 80 :)). I have an arcane mage and holy priest at 80 on separate accounts on the same server, but i doubt they would make a good multibox combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What exactly makes it pointless? Sounds like someone has been pwned too many times by 5-box shamans :)
    Haha, That made me laugh :P

Cheers for the replies. I'll just save 20 euro and get it done. :)

AFAIK you have to buy the games all over again do you not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

yep you do.

Costs a fair whack to do this and in the end its not really worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

TechnoPool wrote: »

Costs a fair whack to do this and in the end its not really worth it.

game itself costs 12e in shops now, for vinnalia.

Most people who see multi-boxing says ohh thats cool, i'll try it out and get to level 30-40 and quit.. might as well buy just normal wow until you ding 60.. remember with RAF grant levels at level 59, cause at 60 they disseaper(learned this out the hard way with 4+ toonsdining same time)

For Dual-boxing, if you dont want to pay for keyclone(which is very handy anyways) a good program is AutoHotKey. you write a script, sends a key to other windows.. started with that when i was multi. have some good scripts, and good formation layouts if you want them(send a pm)

Overall its good fun to do, quite tricky at the start, but you get the hang of it.

Advertisement