Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PA advice?

Options
  • 01-05-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I want to invest in a cheap PA (300-400 euro) for my band practice, with 4-6 mic inputs. I have found a few good secondhand deals and some offers on thomann.de. I am not looking for anything of amazing quality. I was wondering would it be possible to use this http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_xenyx_1204_fx.htm
    and then run speakers out of it.
    Would it work or would i just be better buying one of the PA bundles that I have been looking at??
    Any information would be helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

Hi somerandomguy,

The desk you have linked to on Thomann is unpowered, so unless you got yourself a set of active speakers, or a little power amp it wouldnt be much good to you.

A good option would be to look in the powered mixers section on Thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/powered_mixers.html

There is some really cheap kits there on thomann, and they might just serve you well, but please please please remember that you get what you pay for. Having said that, we commonly spend €500 or more on a single speaker, so their will be no comparison to say a full system for that price of one of ours!!

As you already pointed out though, you arent looking for amazing quality, so a simple kit like this may be just what you are after. If you are very unsure about what goes with what or what shouldnt go with what, stick to a package, or else just post any questions here and I would be more than happy to take a look and give you a recommendation.

Regards,
    Eoin
    www.ampsoundsystems.com

DISCLAIMER: I have never used equipment so low down the scale, so I may be completely wrong!

Advertisement