Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Hot Stuff...!

• 01-05-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Howdy,
    Since I've given up meat I've grown even more fond of really hot spicy foods than I was before - and I was fairly fond to start off with. Anyway, one of my favourite ways of spicing up a pizza or sandwich or whatever is jalapeños peppers. It took me ages to find them here in Galway and when I did they're in small glass jars that seem very expensive (Euro 2.50'ish). Does anyone know of a good place to buy these. I had thought there might be a good online source but can see one from the googling I've done,

Cheers,

Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 homme d'affaire

I think LIDL have them for 99 cents a jar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moving this to The main food forum. Good luck finding them.

If you don't find any, try the galway city forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

lidl (or Aldi) have peppers in vinegar. Have you tried crushed chilies or cayenne pepper? you can get a schwartz jar for about EUR2.50but it'll last much longer.

Another place in Galway to get peppers might be Sheridans or the market outside the protestant church off Shop street

you could also buy chillies fresh and grill or roast them yourself and use or keep in oil. Most Supervalues and similar size supermarkets have them.

Advertisement