Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The graphics always look good on the PS3/PC etc but the game is awful. Depending on how the controls work it could be alot of fun on the wii like most of their games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The graphics always look good on the PS3/PC etc but the game is awful. Depending on how the controls work it could be alot of fun on the wii like most of their games.

Very True I stopped playing madden 4 years ago. NCAA is a far superior game for gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Think the last Madden I ever played in depth was Madden 06. This years Madden I played for about a month and gave up on it, it was full of glitches. There were no sacks, you couldn't run the ball unless you drop the rush slider right down, the CPU ran out of bounds for no reason. It was too geared up for online play to stop people dominating the game, even EA have admitted they got the pacing of the game all wrong.

Tallaght is right NCAA really is superior in almost every department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I much preferred Madden 09 to Madden 08. It's hard to say why, but it just seemed less clunky and much better. Looking forward to Madden 10 as well, just for the subtle changes they put in.

It is tough to run the ball, but rushing the passer hasn't been a problem for me so much. I don't really play it online because I get sick of airing it out and/or playing the Patriots. Still a fan of the game though. Maybe it's the monopoly thing.

Never played NCAA, I thought you can't get it for this region or whatever?

Karlusss wrote: »
    I much preferred Madden 09 to Madden 08. It's hard to say why, but it just seemed less clunky and much better. Looking forward to Madden 10 as well, just for the subtle changes they put in.

It is tough to run the ball, but rushing the passer hasn't been a problem for me so much. I don't really play it online because I get sick of airing it out and/or playing the Patriots. Still a fan of the game though. Maybe it's the monopoly thing.

Never played NCAA, I thought you can't get it for this region or whatever?

PS3 you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

ah madden's still good for entertainment value i think,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Supposedly they're completely redeveloping the way a QB works, something to do with how the image moves when he throws, meaning you can now throw the ball before your about to be hit and not just take the sack.

Wildcat will also be in the new one. I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of which what do you all think of the cover?

madden2010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Looks good

And the first time to feature more then one player afaik

Any idea of a release date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The release date is 14th August 09 as per both the official site and wikipedia

Christ the Wii players look ridiculous!!!!!

• Advertisement

wii games in general are for kids so the caricature form is appropriate..

serious madden heads will get the xbox ps3 version

Max Power1 wrote: »
    The release date is 14th August 09 as per both the official site and wikipedia

Christ the Wii players look ridiculous!!!!!

Also dont forget the WII cant handle the same graphics the 360 and PS3 can.

Does anyone actually play with weapons, by the way? That was the stupidest idea anyone ever had, since Madden cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Desmondo2000

there should only be one player on the cover in my opinion Troy Polamalu deserved it more than Larry Fitzgerald imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

I like the front cover it makes it look alot more dramatic than the previous ones! And it reminds us of that awesome superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

there should only be one player on the cover in my opinion Troy Polamalu deserved it more than Larry Fitzgerald imo

what?? no way, fitzgerald carried a poor team to the superbowl practically on his own!! polamalu wasn't even the steelers best player on defense!!!

1. Why should there be only one player?
    2. Why did Polamalu deserve it? Because he won?
    3. Maybe they were trying to offset the Madden curse.
    4. http://www.theonion.com/content/news/polamaluesque_puppy_dominates

1. I belieive this is the first shared Madden cover *could be wrong on this*
    2. Did you watch Fitzgerald this year at all?
    3. There is no Madden curse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

I like the cover. Kinda artsy, a little bit different.

deccy15 wrote: »
    what?? no way, fitzgerald carried a poor team to the superbowl practically on his own!! polamalu wasn't even the steelers best player on defense!!!

If I was a pro I would have told them to keep their cover. And Im not skeptic :D

I agree with every Karlusss says. There is no set guide as to who EA put on the cover. Its a computer game not a national Ad Campaign for the NFL. Im sure EA have their reasons for their marketing choice. At the end of it though who cares whos on the box I know I dont care. They really should put cheerleaders on their in bikinis :D:D:D

• Advertisement

since when is roy williams one the premiere pass catchers in the nfl :eek:

since when is roy williams one the premiere pass catchers in the nfl :eek:

I also think another problem with it is the Tackling. Sports simulations tend to struggle with perfecting the realism of the League that they portray and thats the biggest problem I saw in the vid. It doesn't even come close to perfecting how real Tackles look in the NFL and as always it looks as if EA have failed in this area.

The fight for the ball looks like another gimmick. The problem here is that regardless of player attributes they will still attempt to recover a loose Fumble and in some cases recover which does nothing for the realism of the game. Gang Tackling looks okay but hopefully it doesn't fade away like the QB Vision cone. Its kinda of ironic that their own new gimmick features could be the very things that actually stop this game from progressing into a real simulator like it should be

I'll probably buy it in the end as always but after a few weeks my gut feeling is I'll just either update rosters for Madden 09 or continue with NCAA

Looks a little better in some ways, but not exactly amazing. The novelty sheen stuff will wear off after about 10 games (and if you're as into Franchise as I sadly am, that's a drop in the water) but it'll take actual play to see how it feels. Tackling looks a tiny bit better, and pass coverage physics look kinda better, but they couldn't really get worse.

But yeah, it's feel. The progression from 07 to 08 to 09 doesn't LOOK that great, but in the way the game actually plays, it's massive. Hopefully they've kept up the trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xX Mark Xx

Looking forward to it on 360. Like 09 hopefully it will be another easy 1,000 gamerscore but actually a more fun game. :)

My take on it. It looks tacky and continues to favour graphics over gameplay. Madden was once one of the greatest games ever. NCAA guys knew this and barely touched the original model. It doesnt matter how good it looks when the gameplay is bad its a bad game. And is it me or do the movements on the players look like junkie having withdrawals roling into to their local spar looking for a cup of tea shakin all over the shop. The commentators have been dumbed down for rookie audiences also. And as the previous poster said its too easy. Seriously folks go get NCAA if you have a PS3. It stook to the original gameplay and looks nice.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I also think another problem with it is the Tackling. Sports simulations tend to struggle with perfecting the realism of the League that they portray and thats the biggest problem I saw in the vid. It doesn't even come close to perfecting how real Tackles look in the NFL and as always it looks as if EA have failed in this area.

there was a game supposed to come out last year with realism. Cant remember the name but Im sure it has been held back due to cost and no license. The tackles in this game looked so real it was class looking. Cant for the life of me remember the name of it.

http://www.backbreakergame.com/

Funnily enough I was reading about this game yesterday on the Operation Sports Forums. Looks quite decent, graphically it looks unreal although I've only seen one or two gameplay videos on it. Anything that comes out as an alternative to Madden has to be welcomed.

AFAIK according to it's Wiki it's suppossed to be released next month?

I'm not that mad on it. The tackle animations are great, yeah, but the players are stylised, and when the default stadium you use in your demo has about twelve tiers, it's probably a lock that the gameplay is gonna be a bit dumbed down i.e. "hard-hitting football" a la XFL.

• Advertisement

Karlusss wrote: »
    I'm not that mad on it. The tackle animations are great, yeah, but the players are stylised, and when the default stadium you use in your demo has about twelve tiers, it's probably a lock that the gameplay is gonna be a bit dumbed down i.e. "hard-hitting football" a la XFL.

Thing is those pics and demo are back from 2007 and the game was put on hold. Im sure if it actually hit full development they would have made it better. But the gameplay was going to better than Madden. Every Beta tester that tried it liked it better. Pity the game hasnt been given a chance. Who knows if it ever will. The Wiki date I would say is wrong.

Advertisement