Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Here's an excel file with all the player ratings if anyones interested:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q0ijqi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Dr.Slurm wrote: »
    Here's an excel file with all the player ratings if anyones interested:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q0ijqi

Wow the 49er ratings really do suck. Honestly how on earth is Shaun Hill (69)ranked lower then Josh Freeman (73) who even has yet to play a down in the NFL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Wow the 49er ratings really do suck. Honestly how on earth is Shaun Hill (69)ranked lower then Josh Freeman (73) who even has yet to play a down in the NFL?

Because game makers sometimes are a tad unrealistic :D:D

It's funny because on other forums, I've been reading about a glitch where the snap goes over the QB's head, lands on the floor, and it just says incomplete pass. This was apparently in the NCAA Football 10 demo but I've played it twice and have yet to experience it.

On a good note the Create a team builder looks awesome. About to create one tonight:)

It's funny because on other forums, I've been reading about a glitch where the snap goes over the QB's head, lands on the floor, and it just says incomplete pass. This was apparently in the NCAA Football 10 demo but I've played it twice and have yet to experience it.

On a good note the Create a team builder looks awesome. About to create one tonight:)

Read the same thing but have yet to witness it myself.

I created a school also :D

University College Dublin Sentinels haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Metrics, probably. Stuff like strength and agility.

Plus clearly the 49ers suck.

Just created the NUIG State Seminoles:D

Seriously can't wait to order it in a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

Anyone know if gamestop in Ireland have the same deal as gamestop in the US (if you pre-order the game you get a superbowl demo with 5 min quaters)?

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    Anyone know if gamestop in Ireland have the same deal as gamestop in the US (if you pre-order the game you get a superbowl demo with 5 min quaters)?

Wrong forum dude to ask that question to be honest the games forum would be able to tell you that better. But I wouldn't imagine they would as Gamestop I think is a franchise and the US and Ireland one never do the same deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

the footage from the ncaa gamne looks great

wheres the best place to buy it from?

its about $80 shipped from gamestop, which doesnt seem too bad

• Advertisement

podge57 wrote: »

I got my copy from Video Games plus. Very fast shipping and it's cheaper then Gamestop.

podge57 wrote: »

Cheaper here Here

Sea Devils was a few seconds faster than me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

thanks fellas, I didn't even know about that site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Houshmandzadeh to boycott Madden

Not happy that he got a rating of 91....the 6th best in the game for a wide receiver!:rolleyes:

kmart6 wrote: »
    Houshmandzadeh to boycott Madden

Not happy that he got a rating of 91....the 6th best in the game for a wide receiver!:rolleyes:

What a tool :rolleyes:

He should concentrate more on the fact that he's only averaged two 1,000 yard seasons in his career then care about a Video Game rating:rolleyes:

He should concentrate more on the fact that he's only averaged two 1,000 yard seasons in his career then care about a Video Game rating:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind he has a better Rating than Randy Moss. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind he has a better Rating than Randy Moss. :rolleyes:

Most if not all of the ratings in Madden seem to be retarded but that seems to take the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah you know the way these guy's get carried away with their notions!

Nice review and vid from the man pastapadre

http://www.pastapadre.com/9608/quick-madden-10-demo-thoughts

• Advertisement

Can I Just say I know I entered into a chat before about online gaming in the American Football section but it was brief.

Can people please stop advertising online tournaments in here. The games section is <
    That way.

I know this is the American Football Forum but it is not a games forum or a recruitment section for online gaming. Most of the members who use this section if interested in online gaming would also check the online forum as we have been reminded of it so many times.

So can we please stick to actual things football related rather than gaming. Mods if Im in the wrong to ask this feel free to deleting this post. Just annoying is all. Rant Over.

Whats ironic is he/she started up a thread in the Xbox forum advertising about the League as well as a few pages back in this thread. It is annoying though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Guys, my sincere apologies if I have caused annoyance by posting. The ONLY reason I posted it was because it was after all MADDEN10 thread which someone else had started, not me. That relates to American Football gaming if I am not correct.

I have deleted the post of my own accord as I do not want to cause irritation to anyone. These boards are a great resource which I browse a lot ( but rarely post ) and they can do without spammers and the very last thing I wanted to do was be accused of that.

The reason I posted at all was because when I started playing Madden 09 online I found it impossible to get a fair game online and it took me months to find a league on this side of the water where I could play a decent game without the lag and idiots. I also know that attempts to get an Irish league off the ground have foundered because there was not enough numbers. Where else to post something of interest other than in a thread devoted to the next version of the game. I thought that was entirely reasonable.

Once again my apologies as I do not run that site or anything just enjoy playing the game and wanted to share its availability to you guys. I will respect you wishes and not post about it on the American Football Section again even if someone posts about Madden 10 again.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Guys, my sincere apologies if I have caused annoyance by posting. The ONLY reason I posted it was because it was after all MADDEN10 thread which someone else had started, not me. That relates to American Football gaming if I am not correct.

I have deleted the post of my own accord as I do not want to cause irritation to anyone. These boards are a great resource which I browse a lot ( but rarely post ) and they can do without spammers and the very last thing I wanted to do was be accused of that.

The reason I posted at all was because when I started playing Madden 09 online I found it impossible to get a fair game online and it took me months to find a league on this side of the water where I could play a decent game without the lag and idiots. I also know that attempts to get an Irish league off the ground have foundered because there was not enough numbers. Where else to post something of interest other than in a thread devoted to the next version of the game. I thought that was entirely reasonable.

Once again my apologies as I do not run that site or anything just enjoy playing the game and wanted to share its availability to you guys. I will respect you wishes and not post about it on the American Football Section again even if someone posts about Madden 10 again.

Yeah I understood why you posted it and thats fair enough but there is a forum dedicated to online gaming. As Football fans yes we like to play Madden no doubt about it. But this thread was discussing the game as fans. If we were to discuss tournaments or online gaming we would move to the Online games forum as that is where you wil find the online gamers to be honest. Many posts have been made about madden online to be honest and many guys on here have never responded and left them alone which shows lack of interest in fairness.

Unfortunately the percentage of the population in Ireland who follow the NFL to some degree like you guys is very small. I personally know nobody who follows the NFL with anything like the knowledge and fervour that you and I obviously sahre with the guys on this forum. Consequently the number of knowledgable people who also own XBox and play Madden means that the number of units of Madden sold in Ireland is very small.

There was absolutely no reference to Madden gaming that I could find on the online gaming section. On the other hand a number of posters in this section were discussing Madden 09 and Madden 10. There were even other posts about starting up a Madden league in THIS forum, not in the gaming one. I presumed that guys had problems like me in getting a decent game and would find the links useful, which is why I was reposted on it. I neither wish to discuss tournaments nor recruit people just wanted to give people an idea of what I found interesting. I know that when I got Madden 09 I would have been delighted to find such a site instead of wasting hours getting only one good game in every five that I played, which is why I wanted to share the resource.

I was obviously mistaken judging by the reaction above and I totally respect your points of view.

As to your final point, some guys ( from posting here ) have actually responded to me by adding me to their friends list and speaking to me on XBL and will be playing in the league next year. They experienced the same problems as myself in getting a decent game with guys who knew how to play the game on this side of the water, without the lag that mostly occurs.

As I said previously I do not want to offend or annoy anyone by my posts. I have been browsing these boards regularly for years looking for answers ( and finding them ).

Unfortunately the percentage of the population in Ireland who follow the NFL to some degree like you guys is very small. I personally know nobody who follows the NFL with anything like the knowledge and fervour that you and I obviously have. Consequently the number of knowledgable people who also own XBox and play Madden means that the number of units of Madden sold in Ireland is very small.

Totally disagree I know all my neighbors who are between the ages of 12 and 18 have Madden. In fact I know folk who wouldnt even watch American Football on TV and they have madden in some cases it gets them interested. And talking to guys who work in game shops Madden sells quite well in Ireland.
    There was absolutely no reference to Madden gaming that I could find on the online gaming section. On the other hand a number of posters in this section were discussing Madden 09 and Madden 10. There were even other posts about starting up a Madden league in THIS forum, not in the gaming one. I presumed that guys had problems like me in getting a decent game and would find the links useful, which is why I was reposted on it. I neither wish to discuss tournaments nor recruit people just wanted to give people an idea of what I found interesting. I know that when I got Madden 09 I would have been delighted to find such a site instead of wasting hours getting only one good game in every five that I played, which is why I wanted to share the resource.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055625637

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055617022

A few in there in fact a coupe of guys looking for the same thing as you. Look in the Xbox section. If you search Madden 09 you will also find more threads. Archimedes is another chap you should PM he plays online also.

As to your final point, some guys ( from posting here ) have actually responded to me by adding me to their friends list and speaking to me on XBL and will be playing in the league next year. They experienced the same problems as myself in getting a decent game with guys who knew how to play the game on this side of the water, without the lag that mostly occurs.

As I said previously I do not want to offend or annoy anyone by my posts. These boards are a great resource which I have browsed through for many years, although I only joined about 6 months ago as I tend to be more looking for answers ( and finding them ) rather than being able to provide answers.

Im not having a go but what im saying to you is that posting in the appropriate forum is just as good. I sometimes play online madden these days used to alot a few years back and feel your pain with regards guys hanging up or not punting or giving you a good contest.

The reason it annoys me is that this section has only started to get more frequently modded and the lads are doing a top job. But in the past so many threads went off topic as in to a different area. Last thing I want to see is more online gaming threads opening all over the shop even if it is Madden to be honest.

Fair enough I understand you are not having a go at me just expressing your point of view. In my defence I would just say the following.

I am talking about playing adults here not kids. I am ( unfortunately for me ) the wrong side of 40, I don't want to play Madden with kids, I want to play with sensible adults who know the game and have a bit of crack on the mic. As far as I know the youngest player in the league is out of his teenage years.

The two posts you refer to have only been posted in the last few weeks. I was unable to find anything in the gaming section from before that, maybe thats just me.

Archimedes is one of the guys I have actually spoken to, but thank you for informing me about his interest anyway and being helpful as you were not to know that I spoke to him. He did however come in contact with me through this forum and not the gaming one.

As I say I respect your opinion on keeping this section to actually discussing the NFL. You are posting here a long time and so your point of view carries some weight in my opinion and deserves respect.

One final point to show that I know what I'm talking about I think that Sanchez and the Jets will win the Superbowl this season :D

Hopefully you get Madden 10 and look me up on XBL and we can have a good chat and maybe a game or two !

If anyone does want a sensible game of Madden message me on XBL, my gamertag is the same as on here. THE END

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Karlusss wrote: »

Plus clearly the 49ers suck.
    Coming from a Rams fan? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

One final point to show that I know what I'm talking about I think that Sanchez and the Jets will win the Superbowl this season :D

I presume that you are still talking about the online game!! ::p

• Advertisement

I was talking about real life but they might have a more realistic chance in madden:). Excited to see him being drafted though as going for Brett last season turned out to be a mistake and was a wated year :(

Advertisement