Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Anyone download the demo yet?

Actually been quite impressed with it so far. I love the slower gamespeed which helps the realism factor. I've been playing last years edition a lot recently and you can really see the difference in that area.

It seems like they've worked on the QB dropback motions and tried to make it identical to real life e.g. Romos's throwing and movement is pretty much dead on. Mind you i was playing on All Pro and really found it difficult to get rid of the ball the pressure really comes at you quickly!.

Lastly the snowflakes touching the screen was a nice gesture.

BTW apparently the shorter demo was the more polished version of the game so in a funny way it looks like we didn't miss out on much by not getting the Gamestop 5 minute demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sorry if it has been mentioned on one of the previous pages, but is it being released here on August 13th too?

It's usually a few days after the US.

IGN says August 14th 2009 for Europe and the US so it looks like we're getting it on the same day.

Madden 10 blatantly lying?

He does bring up some good points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Madden 10 blatantly lying?

He does bring up some good points

Havent they always? Anyone who doesn't know this is brainwashed by the Madden Hype. They have been putting things in and out of the game since day 1. I agree with the dude on the video though. For them to sit there and hype the game with stuff removed from previous games is silly. But I dont buy in to the Madden hype, game is a big let down for me for the last 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus they're full of crap!!!!

Havent they always? Anyone who doesn't know this is brainwashed by the Madden Hype. They have been putting things in and out of the game since day 1. I agree with the dude on the video though. For them to sit there and hype the game with stuff removed from previous games is silly. But I dont buy in to the Madden hype, game is a big let down for me for the last 10 years.

Not saying you're wrong but what stuff did they lie about previously? It's only recently as that video shows thats it's become obvious thay they are talking BS in order to try and enchance their prouduct

It's ridiculous that they can actually say all that stuff with a straight face and expect the average person to be impressed by coaches shaking hands when in fact it seems as if they haven't worked on the gameplay physics that have plagued the series.

Unlike the guy in the video I'll still buy it but with more trepiditation then before.

Not saying you're wrong but what stuff did they lie about previously? It's only recently as that video shows thats it's become obvious thay they are talking BS in order to try and enchance their prouduct

But thats the point. The BS is a lie to enhance the product. Removing stuff and adding them again is hardly ground breaking or a way to pawn the game off to those who have been playing it since it first came out.

Why bother making that video promoting stuff that HAS already been in the game to sell the new. Whether they know it already has or not, dont bother making a promotional video about it becuase it makes you look like liars and idiots to be frank.

Why bother making that video promoting stuff that HAS already been in the game to sell the new. .

Because most consumers that are like sheep including myself will probably still buy it even though deep down they know it's more then likely to be a roster update .

Because most consumers that are like sheep including myself will probably still buy it even though deep down they know it's more then likely to be a roster update .

But it is the Sheep that will never force EA to make the game better because they have no incentive to. If people keep buying into the crap EA will never fix the game make it as playable as the PS2 version of it. Lets face it the last time Madden was a good playable game was 2006 when it was on the PS2. Ever since it went to the PS3 and 360 it has been below par to what gamers were used to. It can look all Fancy with graphics all it wants but the game play is shocking compared to the older versions.

NCAA on the other hand the gameplay is awesome and they continue to make it that way regardless of how many people buy it.

• Advertisement

But it is the Sheep that will never force EA to make the game better because they have no incentive to.

Can't disagree but it's hard to see a scenario where people will just boycott Madden suddenly. At the risk of being cynical I even doubt the guy in the video won't play it eventually.

There's a reason why 2005 was the last good version of Madden before EA starting phoning it in

I like playing NCAA Football a lot but even this years eddition wasn't really that different from last years. Sure there were a few tweaks here and there but Road To glory played out just like Campus Legend only this time Erin Andrews was included.

Can't disagree but it's hard to see a scenario where people will just boycott Madden suddenly. At the risk of being cynical I even doubt the guy in the video won't play it eventually.

I havent played madden in 2 years well other than to try them out.
    There's a reason why 2005 was the last good version of Madden before EA starting phoning it in
    what reason could there be to make a good game sh1t?
    I like playing NCAA Football a lot but even this years eddition wasn't really that different from last years. Sure there were a few tweaks here and there but Road To glory played out just like Campus Legend only this time Erin Andrews was included.

Some of those tweaks were very important to the games gameplay ability. One in particular the sideline catches. Forever frustrating a WR catching a ball near the sideline and running out with it. Now it gives the WR chance to stay in bounds.

Also being able to offload the ball while being sacked huge add if you ask me. Aswell as these two there a few other tweaks that add to the gameplay

Sure road to Glory is like campus legend but its the Gameplay I care about to be honest nothing else. I could play a hundred single games and still enjoy it.

Oh and on top of the tweaks they Also added to the anitmations and graphics. See unlike Madden they can do both.

I havent played madden in 2 years well other than to try them out.

Which is perfectly fine but I meant people in general
    what reason could there be to make a good game sh1t?

Sorry for being slow but what are you trying to say here?.

Some of those tweaks were very important to the games gameplay ability. One in particular the sideline catches. Forever frustrating a WR catching a ball near the sideline and running out with it. Now it gives the WR chance to stay in bounds.

Also being able to offload the ball while being sacked huge add if you ask me. Aswell as these two there a few other tweaks that add to the gameplay

Sure road to Glory is like campus legend but its the Gameplay I care about to be honest nothing else. I could play a hundred single games and still enjoy it.

Oh and on top of the tweaks they Also added to the anitmations and graphics. See unlike Madden they can do both.

Fair enough about the Gameplay. I guess we'll differ in that area. All I'm trying to say is that it's fustrating that NCAA Football doesn't have the presentation features that it's capable off and with the benefit of gameplay videos it looks as if Madden will possibly overtake NCAA in that area. Even a College gameday like preview show albeit shorter before every game would have been decent.

I do concede that the gameplay is better then last years though.

Sorry for being slow but what are you trying to say here?.

You said "There's a reason why 2005 was the last good version of Madden before EA starting phoning it in"

I was merely asking you what reason could there be for them to make it sh1t.

I was merely asking you what reason could there be for them to make it sh1t.

Obviously the lack of competition. It doesn't make sense how they have an ESPN License but it's never used. Just shows how afraid they were about how good ESPN could have been

IGN review and video review up:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1012323p1.html

It got a 8.9 and is quoted as being the best looking Madden ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey guys,

Here's a question. Check this out:
    http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.acti ... dden10Demo

I can't find it though when I go to my PS3 Store. Did anyone else manage to get the Madden Demo it talks about? Maybe it's just available States-side or something but they don't specify that (as far as I can see)

Graci.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I've checked the playstation store every day since the demo came out in the states and no luck so i presume it's only out in America

You have to create an American PSN account so you can get the demo if that what you mean?.

Ok, I wonder can I change my PSN settings from Ireland to US. It's very frustrating though since loads of other games (like EA Sports' NBA and NHL games) have demos up. They do it just to screw with us!

• Advertisement

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Ok, I wonder can I change my PSN settings from Ireland to US. It's very frustrating though since loads of other games (like EA Sports' NBA and NHL games) have demos up. They do it just to screw with us!

Just create a new PSN account on the Sony website obviously picking the US as your home country. You have to make a zipcode and a new address but it shouldn't be too much bother.

Cheers, thanks for that, will check it out.

Hey guys,

I'm putting together an Online Franchise League for Madden 2010. If anyone is interested, please PM me your PSN ID (it's for PS3, by the way).

Cheers.

Sent you a PM.

Anyone get the game yet?. Any notable impressions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Anyone get the game yet?. Any notable impressions?

Was talking to a friend about it. He isn't happy and reckons he'll be trading it in quite soon.

I won't be getting it, gave up on the series years ago. Madden 06 or 07 were the best imo.

Well decided to give it a rent and have played about two games so far. It's a steup from Madden 09 which wouldn't be hard. Gameplay wise it's still not really near NCAA but there are signs of progress. Took a while to get used to the slower gameplay but it means you can use your blocks and see which Receivers are open.

Kick returns are still way too easy though. Took my first return to the 40 yard line and then my next went for a TD although it admittely wasn't on all-pro. The Kicking gauge should never have been changed and was one of the few bright spots of last year.

Presentation is pretty decent. The Half time and post game shows are a very nice touch and the animation is fluid, looks more natural and feel more natural. Trades are still horrible though, I tried to trade Shaun Hill just to see what happens. I put him on the trading block for a 2nd rounder and got multiple offers. The Vikings were the only team that even kind of made sense, but still.

All in all it's a solid stepup from 09 but not much of a gigantic one as to justify spending 50-60 euros on it. Glad I rented it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

XBox360 ( don't know about PS3 ). If you get the game it appears that they forgot to print the code for franchise mode in the manual outside of the US. Simply phone EA and they will give you a code if you want to play franchise mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Well decided to give it a rent and have played about two games so far. It's a steup from Madden 09 which wouldn't be hard. Gameplay wise it's still not really near NCAA but there are signs of progress. Took a while to get used to the slower gameplay but it means you can use your blocks and see which Receivers are open.

Kick returns are still way too easy though. Took my first return to the 40 yard line and then my next went for a TD although it admittely wasn't on all-pro. The Kicking gauge should never have been changed and was one of the few bright spots of last year.

Presentation is pretty decent. The Half time and post game shows are a very nice touch and the animation is fluid, looks more natural and feel more natural. Trades are still horrible though, I tried to trade Shaun Hill just to see what happens. I put him on the trading block for a 2nd rounder and got multiple offers. The Vikings were the only team that even kind of made sense, but still.

All in all it's a solid stepup from 09 but not much of a gigantic one as to justify spending 50-60 euros on it. Glad I rented it

whats the new fumble recovery system like??

• Advertisement

whats the new fumble recovery system like??

It's retarded. It's one of those Madden gimmicks that should never have been included although thanfully they are few and far between this year. Turned it off after the first game I played.

I even lost two of those even though the meter was on my side the entire time.

Advertisement