Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 10

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hey guys, Im sure there'll be an update soon that will include Michael Vick, but until then, Im editing a lower player and turning him into Vick. What stats should I focus on and what level should they be at, and also, what overall rating do you think he should be. At the moment, I have him at 82.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

You can create a player and add him to a roster rather than editing a current player.

According to ESPN these are his official stats:

Overall Rating 73
    Speed 90
    Agility 94
    Acceleration 92
    Throw Power 93
    Throw Accuracy 69
    Short Accuracy 70
    Mid Accuracy 64
    Deep Accuracy 69
    Play Action 66
    Throw on Run 95
    Awareness 65
    Elusiveness 92
    Juke Move 92
    Spin Move 93
    Ball Carrier Vision 95
    Carrying 44

My opinion of the game is that it's essentially madden 09 with better graphics and an updated roster. The gameplay isn't a sufficient improvement to warrant the 55 euro asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

bought it today and am thoroughly happy with it really enjoyable installment of the series. The roster updates are available with favre and vick included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Frank Gore is such a beast in this game. Any running play gets him usually 5-10 yards even more in the Wildcat Formation. Also found that Nate Davis is our best QB to play with.

The only thing I don't like is it's hard to generate any sort of decent pass rush on the CPU. There's also a lot more injuries then last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Hey,

How do you update the roster?

Liking the game. The half time and extra point show are good but I can see myself tiring from them already. Yeah, hard to get a decent pass rush and there are definitely more injuries.

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Hey,

How do you update the roster?

Liking the game. The half time and extra point show are good but I can see myself tiring from them already. Yeah, hard to get a decent pass rush and there are definitely more injuries.

Go to play a match online and it will prompt you to download the latest roster

Cheers thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

Amazing games but 1 downside is EA are trying to charge for items that should be in the game anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

defense is a lot more difficult in this game, especially at the line of scrimmage area.

Bit more realistic in the offense, and worth getting!

• Advertisement

Question for those using Madden.

I just finished my first Franchise season with the Pats. I ended up with $70m in Cap penalties! It's basically unworkable for a second season as I'm 40m above the cap and I've got to trade half of my team (Brady, Welker, Moss, etc to try and get below the cap).

Can someone explain why I'm hit with these cap penalties? My only thought this this. What I did at the start of the season was to pick up Free Agents and then trade them to teams for draft picks. I did this prob nearly 50 times in order to get a host of number 1 draft picks which I then used to get Chris Johnson and Cromartie. In the process, I ended up having to release a lot of crap players (as I did the trade process, I would end up filling the rosters of the other teams as I off-loaded my free agents to them and in return I would take their worst player and then release him in order to make roster room for both teams). Would this have resulted in cap penalties? I can't understand why it didn't warn me at the time that I would be hit with a penalty though for doing this.

Anyhow, any advice on how cap penalties work would be mightily appreciated. I've added the salaries for my team for the year and they are way under the salary cap so it's not to do with my team's salaries as far as I can see.

Mucho gracias!

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Question for those using Madden.

I just finished my first Franchise season with the Pats. I ended up with $70m in Cap penalties! It's basically unworkable for a second season as I'm 40m above the cap and I've got to trade half of my team (Brady, Welker, Moss, etc to try and get below the cap).

Can someone explain why I'm hit with these cap penalties? My only thought this this. What I did at the start of the season was to pick up Free Agents and then trade them to teams for draft picks. I did this prob nearly 50 times in order to get a host of number 1 draft picks which I then used to get Chris Johnson and Cromartie. In the process, I ended up having to release a lot of crap players (as I did the trade process, I would end up filling the rosters of the other teams as I off-loaded my free agents to them and in return I would take their worst player and then release him in order to make roster room for both teams). Would this have resulted in cap penalties? I can't understand why it didn't warn me at the time that I would be hit with a penalty though for doing this.

Anyhow, any advice on how cap penalties work would be mightily appreciated. I've added the salaries for my team for the year and they are way under the salary cap so it's not to do with my team's salaries as far as I can see.

Mucho gracias!

If you trade away a player with more than 1 year left on his contract, you're given a cap penalty of that player's salary for the next year (or something like that). In this case trading away Brady etc. would just leave you with even bigger cap penalties the next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ouch. ^^^

Im halfway through my 1st season with the Jaguars playing on All-Pro difficulty. Traditionally i always played Madden on Pro difficulty, but decided to go for All-Pro this one, mainly because of the achievement requirements (im not whoring, trying to go legit). I thought it would be tough, and the first few games were VERY close, but now ive gotten used to it and im 9-0 (im not quitting when i lose or anything, just yet to be beaten). I have the best defense in the league, Rashean Mathis is on the defensive MVP shortlist and set for Pro Bowl as he has 8 interceptions in 9 games.

Maurice Jones-Drew is a Pro Bowl certainty aswell, because i have no deep passing game so i rely on him alot. I also have him returning kick offs and punts and he has 4 TDs from this.

Really enjoying this installment in the series, i dont think it will be long before i go up to All-Madden difficulty, is it significantly harder?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

I think I prefer 09 gameplay wise. Trying to get a sack in 10 is damn hard work. There have been times the CPU QB has had 10-15 seconds to get a pass away, whereas that never happens when I'm on offense, ridiculous. The CPU players seems much better at breaking tackles aswell.....I dont know, I'm not in love with it just yet

I'm the same. For me there are just too many issues for me to keep playing well into the season. Those developer blogs and vidoes explaining how this would be the best Madden ever look shortsighted because there are still the same problems. The CPU running out of bounds for no reason, The clock running after an incomplete pass, Pass blocking being awful, Pointless gimmicks like fight for the Fumble being added, Awful commentary that repeats the same phrases over and over etc.

Hopefully EA release a patch pretty soon because right now it's pretty unplayable for me. Even when adjusting the sliders it's still difficult to find the perfect balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

^^^ I havent played a Madden game with the commentary on for years. First thing I do when I get the new Madden each year is turn the commentary off

Details of the new Madden patch have been released. Glad they included Broadcast camera as well as getting rid of the holding glitch when attempting FG's/XP's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 edd027

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Details of the new Madden patch have been released. Glad they included Broadcast camera as well as getting rid of the holding glitch when attempting FG's/XP's

niiice

Advertisement