Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 or xbox360

Options
  • 01-05-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i want to get a computer put i dont know wat one to get
    which one is better xbox360 or ps3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 davidhall747

I need help couseing a console system.
    I want to buy a new console but dont know wat one
    XBOX360 OR PS3:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hello Dave,

The rest of this thread will probably be a number of guys berating you because you didn't use the search function of the forum. As you may realise now, you are not the first person to ask this question, and you won't be the last. You can search this forum to find more answers but I will give you my own.

The PS3 and 360 are largely similar consoles and choosing one over the other is a matter of preference really.

Do you have a broadband internet connection at home? If so, what console do the majority of your friends have. This is important as you will undoubtedly be playing online with them.

Other than the above, look into what exclusive games are available for each platform and see which ones appeal to you. Also look into the costs of both.

FYI I have both and prefer my PS3 because it has more exclusive games that I prefer, online is free and it is a better machine for watching movies and music (Blu Ray for HD movies, better support for movie files like DivX etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I suspect you mean choose, not couse. It really depends on what games you like.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Get a megadrive. Those things fúcking rocked. Or you could be a complete faggy homo and get a snes. Cos only luzer luzers get a snes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Megadrive ftw.

Actually, **** the Megadrive

Atari Jaguar FTW!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

the jaguar, pish, you want an atari lynx. every cool kid has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Erm, Super NES, duh. Or at least a Wii and get monged out on the selection of retro titles. Old cartridges cost somewhat more than the offering on the Virtual Console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

XboX roXors my boXors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Go away with your Megadrives! Commadore 64 is what ya want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

fitz0 wrote: »
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

GothPunk wrote: »
    +1

+1 DATA 141,169,121,041,124,178,440,137 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

get a barcode battler .. any one remember those things ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

fitz0 wrote: »

Damn straight !! Beach Head I ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Get a megadrive. Those things fúcking rocked. Or you could be a complete faggy homo and get a snes. Cos only luzer luzers get a snes.
    Sega does what nintendo'nt :pac:
    get a barcode battler .. any one remember those things ??????
    I had a batman one :o

Just remembered. You need a Tiger Game.Com :D

Otacon wrote: »
    The rest of this thread will probably be a number of guys berating you because you didn't use the search function of the forum.

FYI

The posts above are what I was referring to btw.

Have you made a decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

i have bought consoles and the ps3 is more advanced + its the only blueray player that updates because your online ,

but for a bit more of a laugh and meet people from all walks of life the xbox is great you meet different people everytime you go online ,

but if your not going online with either console i'd get the ps3 as some games like metal gear are just for sony and are really good

just my thoughts
    which ever one you get enjoy there both the bo**x

which ever one you get enjoy there both the bo**x

Don't you mean the dog's bo**ox

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Otacon wrote: »
    Don't you mean the dog's bo**ox

yes DOGS FOOKIN BOLL*X

Advertisement