Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burtons, Galway Shopping Centre. A Satisfied Customer

• 01-05-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

My 18 year old Son needed some formal-wear and saw some good bargains on the Burtons UK website.
    I was reluctant to buy in case the suit, shoes, etc didn't fit well and I didn't want the hassle of returning goods to the UK.
    Instead, I phoned their Galway store to check if they had what we wanted in stock but they didn't have all of those particular lines.
    Anyway, we visited the Galway store to try on the items and then perhaps buy them online at much lesser cost.
    The Assistants, particularly Therese, were very helpful and did all they could to please us.
    In the end the only item we needed that they had in stock and could have been bought cheaper online were a pair of shoes.
    I pointed out the substantial difference in the price of the shoes and I stated, truthfully, that I couldn't afford to pay their instore prices.
    I asked for a discount and was told that there was a 'special' on the shoes that reduced their price by 25%.
    I also asked for and received a 10% student discount on all my purchases, on production of my 'mature' student card.
    All in all I paid €154 instead of the asking price of €186.
    I left the store as a very satisfied customer.
    I want to spend my money in my country, not abroad, and if other traders could afford to meet us part of the way, like Therese & her colleagues in Burtons, then I'd be happy to buy from them, even if a bit more expensive than overseas online stores.
    Well done Burtons Galway.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement