Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three uk

• 01-05-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am wondering is it possible to buy a prepaid dongle up north and use it in the south at the same rate cos the uk rates are a lot cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Why would you want to use three uk as it costs more then down south per month and you would have to sign a 24 month contract to get there £15 plan

all the other plans cost more

There is very limited Three broadband uk coverage in Northen Ireland

UK Plans and Pricing

12 month Pay Monthly Service prices

Broadband Lite £10 1 GB = €11.22
    Broadband Plus £15 3 GB = €16.83
    Broadband Max £25 7 GB = €28.06

18 month Pay Monthly Service prices.

Broadband 5GB £15 5 GB = €16.83
    Broadband 15GB £20 15 GB = €22.45

24 month Pay Monthly Service prices

Broadband 15GB £15 15 GB = €16.83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

i am talking about pay as you go i think its free to roam as long as you are in a country that has the 3 network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Yes it will work no problem, I did look into it about 6 months ago, I spend a lot of time in the UK.

It was cheaper to get an Irish one and use it in both places, unless they have changed their UK pricing (even taking into account the exchange rate now) it would still be cheaper to get the Irish one....

|Correct me if I am wrong please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cornish rebel

sorry wrong thred i know havent been on for long time but where has the 3 ireland mega thread gone? or is just me being blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

sorry wrong thred i know havent been on for long time but where has the 3 ireland mega thread gone? or is just me being blind
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

It is always at the top as it is a sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Yes it will work no problem, I did look into it about 6 months ago, I spend a lot of time in the UK.

It was cheaper to get an Irish one and use it in both places, unless they have changed their UK pricing (even taking into account the exchange rate now) it would still be cheaper to get the Irish one....

|Correct me if I am wrong please.

I just purchased a 3 Pay as u go dongle in Belfast the other day - £29 - and you can purchase a mobile broadband 1Gig add-on for £10 for 30 days which seems good value to me as the Irish packages are more like 7 days for €10.

However..I understand that 3 are ending the "3 like home" from July so that will scupper that.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I just purchased a 3 Pay as u go dongle in Belfast the other day - £29 - and you can purchase a mobile broadband 1Gig add-on for £10 for 30 days which seems good value to me as the Irish packages are more like 7 days for €10.

However..I understand that 3 are ending the "3 like home" from July so that will scupper that.:mad:

The UK is ending the 3Like Home offer im not sure it 3 ireland is. You should probably try to find out and if not return the UK modem and get an Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cornish rebel

CutzEr wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

It is always at the top as it is a sticky.

Thanks for that have found it now was lookn in the wrong place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

.................However..I understand that 3 are ending the "3 like home" from July so that will scupper that.:mad:

P & R, same dongle in Banbridge £21 but no discount on £10 30day PAYG

What you say about changes in July may be true but I'm inclined to wait and see 'cause if they do that they will have issues along the border ( fingers crossed )

I'm hoping Ireland / UK Three will see 'The Tesco Light'

Austria, Oz etc can go and do their own thing

Rgds

Olddog

P.S. Has anyone tried a Three.ie SIM in a Three.co.uk dongle ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

0lddog wrote: »
    P & R, same dongle in Banbridge £21 but no discount on £10 30day PAYG

What you say about changes in July may be true but I'm inclined to wait and see 'cause if they do that they will have issues along the border ( fingers crossed )

I'm hoping Ireland / UK Three will see 'The Tesco Light'

Austria, Oz etc can go and do their own thing

Rgds

Olddog

P.S. Has anyone tried a Three.ie SIM in a Three.co.uk dongle ?
    Don't work. They are sim locked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement