Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse Templebar

Options
  • 01-05-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Not sure where to post this,

But Porterhouse temple bar,

Are they strict on I.D? Planning on heading out after work & can't find my stupid passport :(

I'm old enough, but not very tall :p

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

They are quite strict, I'm 22, look 22 and always get asked for id. It is over 21's on weekends I believe.
    But that said if you go in straight after work I'm not sure if they have doormen working that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I finish at 8pm though : /
    What time would doormen start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

By law if your under 23 the obligation is on you to prove your age, so all the pleading in the world maybe of no use what so ever.

Indeed the management are responsible for ensuring you've proved your age if a member of AGS (the police) finds reason to doubt it. These days a lot of managers are not willing to take that chance and will encourage both door staff and bar staff alike to check ID if there's a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Porterhouse are fairly strict on age. Even if there are no doormen on the bar staff are encouraged to check id.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I don't think the doormen start 'til 9, but as said, if you look young, the bar staff will ask! (Hahaha, we found it hilarious when our 30 year old friend, who looks older, got asked every time we ordered another round... he was on the water too).

Do you have any other forms of ID? (Jesus, I wouldn't head out with my passport anyways - Garda Age cards are much more expendable!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Just have 2 passports, old & new..
    Just tend to leave them at home & not remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Time to get applying for a Garda card tbh! Fits in your wallet/purse, and you're not completely feiced if you lose it and have to fly out of the country in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Have to disagree with a lot of posters i rarely get asked for ID there and am 22 and not the most adult looking person in the world. Go early and get your mates to order for you that should work if their is any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I go there often after work (8ish) and we'd all be wearing work trousers and no make-up or whatever, we're all 20ish and no-one has ID, saying your age works, never been refused and I don't even look 20.

Advertisement