Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frequently asked questions about suitable electric showers!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

You cannot put a pumped electric shower in an apt and I am sorry to say that you'll not be to busy fitting showers with that perspective. I fit what the customer wants simple!

You CANNOT plumb a house to suit 4 people with sufficent hot water with a power shower or a shower that takes water from the cylinder without increasing the size of the cylinder. I am not going to waste time convincing you. The figures speak for themselves.

The best selling shower is a T90/Mira Elite!

The best selling site shower is a cheap, nastly manual shower valve!

Both are undisputed facts! Like I said our opinion does not matter!

I never mentioned cylinder size, obviously the size will be considered when designing a new system or doing a retro fit, you will install a cylinder to meet the requirements, all this can be done within a tight budget. If you haven't noticed a cylinder is not expensive no matter what the size is.

Just because something sells well doesn't mean its the best, the reason why electric/pumped showers sell could be due to the fact people with these showers may have not been informed of all the alternatives, these showers are handy to sell and quick to install, that's all.

The advantages are minimal compared to the disadvantages when compared to pressurized mixer showers.

Electric/pumped showers are a good sale for the distributors, its a quick hassle free sale and customer's regularly return.

Plumbers can plumb a house quick and cheap to suit and electric type shower and make good profits and again customers will regularly return.

This to me is the reason why electric showers are the "biggest" selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I never mentioned cylinder size, obviously the size will be considered when designing a new system or doing a retro fit, you will install a cylinder to meet the requirements, all this can be done within a tight budget. If you haven't noticed a cylinder is not expensive no matter what the size is.

Just because something sells well doesn't mean its the best, the reason why electric/pumped showers sell could be due to the fact people with these showers may have not been informed of all the alternatives, these showers are handy to sell and quick to install, that's all.

The advantages are minimal compared to the disadvantages when compared to pressurized mixer showers.

Electric/pumped showers are a good sale for the distributors, its a quick hassle free sale and customer's regularly return.

Plumbers can plumb a house quick and cheap to suit and electric type shower and make good profits and again customers will regularly return.

This to me is the reason why electric showers are the "biggest" selling.

Right I have to say you are becomming very irrating. You constantly skirt around. What in your expert opinion is

1. The most popular shower in a house

2. Why?

Your wrong on everything you have said here. This is the facts and dispute them if you want! I am just hopeing propper plumbers are looking in to confirm this!

1. If you use a pumped showe valve like you suggest for 4 people based on two thirds of it being hot it will only do 2 people.

2. Please state how much your "Alternative" will cost!

3, Your information is complete Bull on pumped electric showers. Triton agents who are Eartridge sell triton showers into its distributors with only 20 euro profit to the seller.. A plumbing provider can make enough profit on 1 shower valve that it makes on 5 tritons. This is factual and know amount of dreaming on your part can dispute this. In fact an agent will actually try and sell you the cheaper non branded red ring to make more profit. This is also fact!

Argos were not selling pumped electric showers up till recently, why cause there mark up was brutal.

Your plumbing experience is questionable very questionable. I never ever seen anyone in woodies trying to convince me to buy a triton. They sell the most because they are the best. You are doing your best to turn people off the norm rather than accept your are not the norm!

But put your money where your mouth is! Give me your installiation costs and I will compare! I know the figures. I have done supply, fitting, installiation and buying! I am well aware of the market which is why I wrote the article!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Do you not think there are *any* disadvantages to power showers?! What, were we smoking pot when we decided to choose the electric pumped shower?!

If we really wanted to, we could/would have got a pumped shower. But we spend minutes every day there. Our living room is much more important, so it got the leather chairs/sofa, flatscreen TV, patio door, new floor etc. We spend hours here.

Edit: this is in reply to stratocaster's last post.

Do you not think there are *any* disadvantages to power showers?! What, were we smoking pot when we decided to choose the electric pumped shower?!

If we really wanted to, we could/would have got a pumped shower. But we spend minutes every day there. Our living room is much more important, so it got the leather chairs/sofa, flatscreen TV, patio door, new floor etc. We spend hours here.

Thank you for confirming that humanity is not daft enough to listen to the worst sales pitch ever!

You shouldn't have to spend any extra, these systems should be installed in new builds. On shower replacements you should be made clear of the alternatives not just the handy way out. Most cases no body even suggests a different shower, a lot of houses I replace showers in, the owners were never aware of anything else available.

Some of the most important factors in a house hold, good electric system, good heating system, good plumbing system. Before this comes your roof walls, doors and windows.

You don't build a house or live in a house apartment etc to sit on nice sofa and watch tv.

Focus on good electric, heating and plumbing systems first, all luxury's follow.

You would be the first person I have know to find the living room and tv more important than an entire households basic necessity's.

• Advertisement

Joey you can doubt my experiences all you want, I am very confident of my experiences. I finish all my jobs with pride knowing that I informed my clients of all the alternatives and have installed the best possible system to suit.

I am not loosing control or getting angry I am simply expressing my options based on over ten years in the plumbing industry and face to face dealings with customers. I am not getting this information from thin air.

You seem to be loosing your nerve because you know what I am saying is in some form or another true, all you can do is resort to anger, which pleases me even more. Cheers.

Forgot to mention, look outside of Ireland and the UK, how many houses will you see with electric showers?

Joey you can doubt my experiences all you want, I am very confident of my experiences. I finish all my jobs with pride knowing that I informed my clients of all the alternatives and have installed the best possible system to suit.

I am not loosing control or getting angry I am simply expressing my options based on over ten years in the plumbing industry and face to face dealings with customers. I am not getting this information from thin air.

You seem to be loosing your nerve because you know what I am saying is in some form or another true, all you can do is resort to anger, which pleases me even more. Cheers.

Forgot to mention, look outside of Ireland and the UK, how many houses will you see with electric showers?

Like i suspect all hot air when it comes to figures. Europe uses presurised systems and as you pointed out in your previous post Ireland and england uses Gravity systems.

Put your money where your mouth is and give us figures!

You will find then who is talking rubbish

Like i suspect all hot air when it comes to figures. Europe uses presurised systems and as you pointed out in your previous post Ireland and england uses Gravity systems.

Put your money where your mouth is and give us figures!

You will find then who is talking rubbish

Joey my good friend, I have spent all this time providing information on how I dislike electric/pumped showers and discussed the alternatives, all you can do is compare which is the cheapest, and having the cheapest is the best?

What you are saying now is you feel electric pumped showers are better because they may be cheaper.

I'll tell you a little story, you go and get your tires replaced, the chap in the garage fits the tires quick and at a good price, you drive away happy with your new tires but the chap didn't ask you would you like them balanced, for fear of extra work and a different price. Your driving will be uncomfortable, you will wear out the tires sooner, you will use a fraction more fuel. If you had of got them balanced you would get more use out of the tires and a comfortable drive, the price of having them balanced will cost you more but its not a big difference, the price is justified because of the less wear and comfortable driving.

I have to tell you this story in laymans terms because you seem to be rushing into everything and not reading my posts correctly.

I don't mind electric/pumped showers fitted in locations with hot water storage issues, apartments with tenants, rented houses etc that is what electric/pumped showers are designed for. There just handy in areas where the user is generally not concerned with the plumbing system.

I do have a problem when I see them installed in locations with no hot water storage issues. I don't have to sit down and work out how much it costs to fit a pressurized system, I know it costs more than fitting an electric shower. The extra cost is a justified cost, its not an astronomical difference. A standard house with a family and an average wage coming in the door will have no problems what so ever in keeping a pressurized system full with hot water to suit the requirements.

You will see over the next few years the amount of electric/pumped showers decrease and a decent standing of plumbing to match the rest of the world installed in houses here, I see it changing all the time.

People building new houses want pressurized systems combined with quick recovery cylinders, heated by solar, geothermal, condensate oil and gas boilers. When you have 5000 to 50000 of a plumbing allowance your doing a bad job if your installing an electric shower. An immersion will cover any case's of heat source down time.

One house I worked on the clients were adamant on the fitting of an electric shower, for fear of system down time, I told the client the immersion will cover for down time, still wanted an electric shower fitted. A few months later I had to go back and remove the electric shower and re plumb a mixer because the clients realized they made a mistake and I was telling the truth. They did not use the shower once and wanted it removed because it spoiled the look of the guest bathroom.

I feel I have enough information attached to your entire shower thread and when people come to look I feel they will now have a better picture on whats best suited to match shower requirements. Cheers.

Wow, i bet the sparkys are loving this. If you are fitting any product you need to have a benchmark for what your trying to achieve, for me i would say a pumped shower would be the benchmark for showers, thats because of the pressure and volume, a electric shower can't match that unless possibly the mains is very good and the rating is high, a lot of "what ifs" can be thrown into the installation requirements of a pumped shower, but if the system is designed properly then it will work, now if the property doesn't suit or the customer doesn't want it /see the need for it, then you fit a electric shower, i am sure there are a lots of reasons for not fitting a power shower, fine, but that won't change the benchmark, i would say my benchmark for a motor would be a nice red Ferrari, but for other reasons i won't mention i have to stick to the VW:).
    I have a 180ltr unvented cylinder with a 3 1/2 bar pump running 2 showers and a bath in a 4 bedroom house, it works very well and i have no issues with hot water due to the reheat time of the cylinder (about 20 minutes) and i can run the cylinder at higher temperatures to suit the load if need be, that was my choice. Gary

gary71 wrote: »
    Wow, i bet the sparkys are loving this. If you are fitting any product you need to have a benchmark for what your trying to achieve, for me i would say a pumped shower would be the benchmark for showers, thats because of the pressure and volume, a electric shower can't match that unless possibly the mains is very good and the rating is high, a lot of "what ifs" can be thrown into the installation requirements of a pumped shower, but if the system is designed properly then it will work, now if the property doesn't suit or the customer doesn't want it /see the need for it, then you fit a electric shower, i am sure there are a lots of reasons for not fitting a power shower, fine, but that won't change the benchmark, i would say my benchmark for a motor would be a nice red Ferrari, but for other reasons i won't mention i have to stick to the VW:).
    I have a 180ltr unvented cylinder with a 3 1/2 bar pump running 2 showers and a bath in a 4 bedroom house, it works very well and i have no issues with hot water due to the reheat time of the cylinder (about 20 minutes) and i can run the cylinder at higher temperatures to suit the load if need be, that was my choice. Gary

Nice one Gary, its good to see proof on what I have being saying and you wrap it up well by saying the pressurized shower is the benchmark. Also great to see evidence of a pretty much standard cylinder having no lack of hot water issues while providing a good decent shower courtesy of a pressurized system.

• Advertisement

I have to say I give up. You both know this is not the norm. I am wasteing my time here!

This has nothing to do with electricians!

So where did my last post say that I would regard my living room as being of greater importance to an adequate electrical, heating and water system in the house??

I do remember implying that we'd rather spend extra on more luxurious stuff for the living room instead of the shower. I'd almost swear that your last comment towards me indicated that power showers were a household necessity and that anything less (i.e. an electric pumped shower) was inadequate or even unsafe for a person's needs. That wouldn't be a wise thing to say.

So either it turns out I don't find living room luxuries more important than a good (read functional and safe) water/electric system in the house, or else you'd want to back up your claims.

Joey, your absolutely right , but there are two questions 1) what is the most practical shower to fit 2)what is the best type of shower for performance, there is a different answer for each question, most property's have electric showers due to ease of installation, but a pumped shower has it on performance and due to the installation requirements/consideration installers prefer not to fit them, it's the same in my game where a combi is fitted instead of a system boiler due to the price and installation requirements first and performance and suitability second, it's common for me to come a cross a 4 bedroom house with electric showers and a combi, the customer would be happy as people tend to adapt to a installation, it's only myself that gets annoyed because i think there's a better way of doing it, just my opinion:D, Gary

Says it there. I am not making any remarks at you, I am speaking in general, basic necessity's ie electric, plumbing, and heating tend to be high on the list compared to tvs and sofas. I mentioned if you thought any different than the above, you would be the first person I have heard that thinks in that way. I doubt you do think that way, that is why I metioned it.

Joey, your absolutely right , but there are two questions 1) what is the most practical shower to fit 2)what is the best type of shower for performance, there is a different answer for each question, most property's have electric showers due to ease of installation, but a pumped shower has it on performance and due to the installation requirements/consideration installers prefer not to fit them, it's the same in my game where a combi is fitted instead of a system boiler due to the price and installation requirements first and performance and suitability second, it's common for me to come a cross a 4 bedroom house with electric showers and a combi, the customer would be happy as people tend to adapt to a installation, it's only myself that gets annoyed because i think there's a better way of doing it, just my opinion:D, Gary

Gary I said all this at the beginning. This was my point! That sometimes we want a BMW but we cannot get it. The adverage bathroom fit out half decent costs between 4 and 8 k. Now before someone else starts i am not disputing this I have seen loads of figures around and above. But a good job is going to cost this. If you add the prefered plumbing system of choice ie

Larger header tank
    MQ35 Booster pump
    stainless steel pressurised cylinder
    grohe shower valve
    associated plumbing

another 5k on this alone and as you know the consumer will not appreciate the fact that a pressurised cylinder heats up in half the time. So yes while if we all were plumbers we would go for a "Power shower of shower valve" because most of us are not, have 2-3 kids usually one girl sucking the hot water dry we normal end up with the system I descrbe all along
    Says it there. I am not making any remarks at you, I am speaking in general, basic necessity's ie electric, plumbing, and heating tend to be high on the list compared to tvs and sofas. I mentioned if you thought any different than the above, you would be the first person I have heard that thinks in that way. I doubt you do think that way, that is why I metioned it.

Strat, I asked you in post #63 to back up your claims that a shower valve system can be done as economical as the system i describe. You have not done that you are still skirting around unable to defend the fact that your system is not the norm. Why have you failed to provide figures.

It seems obvious to me!

No, it doesn't say that a living room is more important than the basic essentials of a house. Only a con artist would insist a power shower is a basic necessity in any house.

Most people would think it reasonable to decide that a nice living room is what we want, and that our properly-installed electric pumped shower is quite safe, adequate and a large improvement on the shower that preceeded it. So once again, are you still going to take the position that we neglected the basic needs of our family by getting a Triton T90 instead of a power shower??

Also, you did not mention "I mentioned if you thought any different than the above,.. etc etc". Nor did you imply it IMO. I'm not going to quote your own answer for you to read, you know where it is.

Joey, it's nice when we agree:). I work for a manufacture of unvented cylinders, so i would come across them quite often, they are more common than you would think, especially with solar, also in apartments where they are heated by immersions, Gary.

Joey, it's nice when we agree:). I work for a manufacture of unvented cylinders, so i would come across them quite often, they are more common than you would think, especially with solar, also in apartments where they are heated by immersions, Gary.

Humm roscommom who makes unvented cylinders in Roscommon.

Its Copper Craft or Copper industries????

Agreed they are becomming uncommon but most work is coming from the bathroom refits at the moment and these people are not allowing this type of money in there budjet. But to be honest gary a lot of this I never have this agreed with. This came from a post which said electric showers are useless. But as you see the title of the thread is establishing the most suitable shower haveing already decided o course that you want one.

Its not " What is the ideal plumbing system" why not! cause joe public is only interested in the common stuff thats easy explained and not involving a remortage for a shower.

But yes gary despite seeming a little stubborn I always agree with sense and logic.

Being the offspring of culchys i live in the country, the office is in Dublin and I'm not going to let on , with all the bitching about installers i do they might get the hump, especially how i mentioned in another post how one of them plumbed the washing machine into the heating flow:eek:, but it was OK cos there was a auto filler on the system;), Gary.

Being the offspring of culchys i live in the country, the office is in Dublin and I'm not going to let on , with all the bitching about installers i do they might get the hump, especially how i mentioned in another post how one of them plumbed the washing machine into the heating flow:eek:, but it was OK cos there was a auto filler on the system;), Gary.

Is your name gary!

DPL- Harlow / Precision heating..... Please dont say that lovely croud in bray!

• Advertisement

Precision, good people, but i have nothing to do with Tribune, my name is Gary, I was born in Chessington, I'm 48-54-42, I'm Taurian with a unhealthy interest garage food, i have to remind myself everyday not to ask plump women when it due(long story, but it ended in a slap:eek:), any other question my reply will be " i know nothing", Gary.

Precision, good people, but i have nothing to do with Tribune, my name is Gary, I was born in Chessington, I'm 48-54-42, I'm Taurian with a unhealthy interest garage food, i have to remind myself everyday not to ask plump women when it due(long story, but it ended in a slap:eek:), any other question my reply will be " i know nothing", Gary.

Well done tell larry I said hello! Best of luck with the women like water and oil plumbers and women are a mystry and dont mix. Thats why my plumbers never talked to my customers. Spanish is not a widely accepted language in plumbing!

Joey your a busy man, look at the amount of electric/power shower problems, there in the DIY section all the time, should be a dedicated thread for electric shower problems.

I've been on the DIY forum a couple of weeks and have yet to see a problem with a mixer shower, the only problem I have seen on a booster pump is one question about it being noisy, that's just due to a vibration problem in the installation.

You keep rambling on about figures, if you read the info from both myself and Gary you will see its not going to break the bank to fit a decent shower that will be trouble free.

Joey your a busy man, look at the amount of electric/power shower problems, there in the DIY section all the time, should be a dedicated thread for electric shower problems.

I've been on the DIY forum a couple of weeks and have yet to see a problem with a mixer shower, the only problem I have seen on a booster pump is one question about it being noisy, that's just due to a vibration problem in the installation.

You keep rambling on about figures, if you read the info from both myself and Gary you will see its not going to break the bank to fit a decent shower that will be trouble free.

Skirting still well done! Figures! You know your talking rubbish! Gary sells unvented cylinders as he confirmed! Its the equiv of asking ainsley harriott does he think food is good! He is an expert of course he does. Gary is an expert in his field. Joe public is not and usually does not have the budget

But continie to avoid the question

On manual showers or thermostitc showers ie showers with no electrical parts they are purly mechanical so there is liitle to go wrong with them.

But again your skirting! I am not compareing an electrical or manual shower I am compareing the cost of installiation of the type of system you constantly rant about compared to the electric shower!

You cant give figures cause you know you will be proved wrong! But i can contiue for as long as it takes. By the way! The subject of this thread is

"Frequently asked questions about suitable electric showers"

A point which you being stubborn about what you think is right have actually missed. I said it before and I will say it again.

It does not matter what we think. We advise the customer of the best system and there budjet dictates. Most budjets with 2 kids in the house dictates a triton T90 or MIRA elite. This is not the rantings of me! This is based on fact and sales.

But continue to dispute.

I am not skirting, I have to repeat my self again, a pressurized system costs more to install, there's no point in me working out figures, I have told you this already.

I have an endless list of why you shouldn't choose an electric type shower all you can come up with is a figure, this figure seems to be your sole reason as to why an electric type shower is better.

You will see over the next few years electric type showers being abolished, there's really no need for them any more. Back in the days of back boilers and general hot water storage problems electric type showers became introduced that day is long gone, you see the push for solar and geo thermal and quick recovery cylinders, sites with large developments will soon have district heating provided by these sources. You don't see SEI giving grant assistance towards electric showers? The focus is now on decent hot water storage. You will get a grant towards improving your system and hotwater storage, which is true to say, there paying you to take out your electric shower and move to a more efficent system.

I have a card in my wallet that says plumber on it, for me to obtain the card I had to go through 6 years of studing and installing good quality plumbing systems, this gives me the right to point out the electric shower disadvantages on your thread, more than you have a right to disscuss frequently asked questions about suitable electric showers.

Your that far off the mark, your advice to solving a troublsome electric shower is to just by a cheaper one because its going to break again.

Thats bad advice, in the highst form.

Your that far off the mark, your advice to solving a troublsome electric shower is to just by a cheaper one because its going to break again.

Thats bad advice, in the highst form.

Your still floggin but thats fine!

As for being far off the mark your refering to the chap in the other thread that wont buy a filter in a hard water area yes! This poor chap is doomed to constant shower failure every 2 - 3 years so he may as well buy a cheap shower and save himself some money! That again is a fact that is not printed on any card in your wallet! Put your money where your mouth is and state a solution other than a filter that will work. If you bothered you would see he cannot afford a filter. But again flogg away!

As for heating systems over the next few years! Well done, fantastic insight! but poor poor knowledge! I have written to SEI and various agencies and again gary's boss will actually be aware of this. Solar cylinders, pressurised cylinders etc will only be driven by changes in govt legislation because unfortunitly joe public is not to familular with the technology and the oppertunity on new houses was missed long ago. At our hight we built 250000 houses. Last year we built 83000. Guess what percentage of them had Duncan's stamp of approval for sustanable living. Ballymun regeration is one of the largest developemts in Noth Dublin at the moment. They are using combi boilers. They are missing there oppertunity on a massive scale and they are a goverment run organisation. A certain no of houses are actually converting the boilers to system boilers! What a waste! I agree with you that the system you and various describe works well but it wont happen in ireland for a long long time and this you know but again are to stubborn on the subject!

The market at the moment is upgradeing/Expanding on existing developemts. One of the largest plumbers beside me is doing a special package because of the recission where buy they fit an indirect solar cylinder and 2 solar panels for X amount. They are not pressuring systems. What a waste of money and energy!

Most people in the upgrade market at the moment have the guts of 7k. For this they want a new bathroom, new tiles, wear, shower, door the works. If you can fit the system you describe within this budjet I will have loads of work for you...

But once again your changing the subject..... Well done! Try answer the question. It generates positive discussion! As for me answering questions on electric showers. I put a cavet in there intentionally! Why! Because I know that what i say is not gospel or specific to everyone! This is something you are missing out on!

7 grand to replace a bathroom?

5 grand= Complete solar system.

2 grand= Complete new bathroom, tiles, suites, shower and door.

1 grand= Pressurize the the newly installed bathroom.

That's a total of 8 grand and I am being generous, which gives you a system worth spending the money. Efficient and long lasting and could also be entitled to a grant towards the cost.

So you expect to extract 7 grand from the general pubic and leave them with a bathroom with an electric shower? You have to be kidding that's bad.

7 grand to replace a bathroom?

5 grand= Complete solar system.

2 grand= Complete new bathroom, tiles, suites, shower and door.

1 grand= Pressurize the the newly installed bathroom.

That's a total of 8 grand and I am being generous, which gives you a system worth spending the money. Efficient and long lasting and could also be entitled to a grant towards the cost.

So you expect to extract 7 grand from the general pubic and leave them with a bathroom with an electric shower? You have to be kidding that's bad.

Thank you! Now we are getting somewhere

5k for a solar system and 1 k to pressurise it that 6 k on to 7k = 13k

as for 2k for a bathroom Here is another fact!

The cheapest bathroom for 2k is done by

a drogheda and dublin based company in that you get!

16 Sqm mtrs of the plainest tiles
    4 sqr yards of floor
    4 Pce suite
    taps
    bath and bath taps and waste

Supplied and fitted

You dont get!

A shower or shower valve, you dont get the old bathroom restripped, you dont get towel rails you get the plainest bathroom in the world. There is loads looking in who can confirm this. You dont even get the rubbish taken away! There is so much you dont get

Oh and by the way! This is not my prices! This is the general price as many can confirm

But I see once again your skirting!

You still have not actually answered any questions directly and which is now laughable you are argueing on a thread about why an electric shower is bad! You are arguring when the purpose of the thread is to inform people on selecting a shower they have already decided on!

You have proved that a solar system is 7k and 1k to pressurise. You have not given me the spec for me to see if your giving a decent spec!

Just keep on skirting by the way! what was your solution to the chap with hard water who could not afford a filter! You notice I have said it twice! because being on your own agenda you seem to be trying to ram the fact that you are a plumber down peoples troat! You are telling them they should not be buying an electric shower when its clear they have already made a decision!

Lastly you seem to be missing the point! I am not selling anything! If I had my way no one would buy electric showers cause triton dont allow there agents or merchants enough on them but I have the sense to see that I am responding to the market!

Joke of the day! 2K for a complete bathroom! Your very funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

There`s probably 100 times more electric showers installed than pumped showers, and if someone in an existing house wants a shower system, whats wrong with a t90, will it not work? 750 euro as compared to ??. You mentioned getting tyres and not balancing them. Well how is that relevant. Whats more relevant is the fact that a pumped system might be better than a t90, but does that mean a t90 is no good. Its handy not having to heat any water in the summer and keep bills down, and anyone i know that has a t90 or similar does`t seem any more whiffy than someone with pumped one. Pumped systems are great, but a t90 or similar is not too bad at all.

Again its like a range rover etc, most of us would prefer one than a vw golf, but why is there more golfs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

Thinking of energy efficiency and convenience.

I want a shower which will use my hot water if it is available, if not hot enough it will heat it further, if too hot, will restrict hot flow and/or mix with cold.

Am I asking for too much?

Advertisement