Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murphy vs. Robertson

• 01-05-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I'd love to see Robertson do the business here but don't quite feel he's up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Neil Robertson will be World Champion 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Aaron M

mdwexford wrote: »
    Neil Robertson will be World Champion 2009.

I'm afraid I seriously doubt that. Even if he did manage to get past Shaun Murphy, I don't think he would seriously challenge Higgins unless he drastically improves upon the poor form he has shown in his semi so far. Robertson is too much of a one-dimensional player: go for everything. That won't work against Higgins unless you actually DO pot everything you go for.

Robertson has finally started potting some balls here. He's clawed back 2 frames in succession to leave himself trailing by 14-9 from 14-7. If he can win the last frame of this session he's had a result. 14-10 and he's right in it. 15-9 and you'd have to say it's too big an ask.

• Advertisement

Very good from Robertson. Banged in a fluid century break to take the final frame of the session and trail 14-10. Finally. Come on lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

That was the most incredible Blue and Pink that Murphy potted in Frame 19.

How did the pink go in???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He needs to keep it up and rattle off the first 2 or 3 this evening to have any chance i think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    That was the most incredible Blue and Pink that Murphy potted in Frame 19.

The black wasn't half bad too!

I'd love to see Robertson making it through to play John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Great comeback from Neil, only 1 frame behind at the moment

Bit of tomfoolery at the end of frame 27, have a look in the highlights if ye missed it. Just Neil messing really, bit careless though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Shocking, it actually hit the cushion just over 3 foot from the pocket and still went in.
    Pockets ultra generous this year.

Advertisement