Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6300, Little help please?

• 01-05-2009 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

On my Nokia 6300 the letter E has appeared on the top left of the screen, next to the battery indicator. Whatever it is indicating or whatever function is on, it is a real drain on my battery.

Anyone have any idea what this is and more importantly, how do i switch it off? I have a feeling it may have something to do with the "connectivity" settings as i was transferring data between phones.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The E is for EDGE. Its a data connection to the network. It shouldn't be there for transferring stuff to another phone, that would be bluetooth.

Press and hold the red/end call button. That should stop the transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Davy wrote: »
    The E is for EDGE. Its a data connection to the network. It shouldn't be there for transferring stuff to another phone, that would be bluetooth.

Press and hold the red/end call button. That should stop the transfer

Thanks Davy, but that didnt work. I have even tried taking out the battery.
    Any other suggestions?

Edit; Ooops, got it in the settings.

Thanks Davy.

You possibly have it set to be always on.

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Packet data > Packet data conn; then select 'when needed'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Yep, got that.

Thanks again Davy, i owe you a pint.

Its easier to send bottles or cans by post ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement