Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolverine - Verdicts?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

dead right about the movie at the very least. that was one missed opportunity of a good movie, the backstory in X2 far exceeds the prequel unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    And you hate mass effect 2?

what does that have to do with anything?
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy it.

Because you can buy it anywhere from €5 to €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't think I have ever sat through such a long movie that felt so rushed. Oh sick young wolverine...oh no, dead...bone claws appear....runs away from home....followed by credit sequence and wolverine's past montage.

I mostly feel sorry for Ryan Reynolds, I think he got the short end of the stick.

thorbarry wrote: »
    what does that have to do with anything

I'm trying to find some kind of consistency in the games he likes. He was giving out about how bad it was in another thread because he had played it prior to release. Fair enough if you don't like it, but if it's from an unbiased reviewer stance then applying the same criteria to wolverine it would be impossible for him to call it "absolutely brilliant". The only thing you could say about wolverine is it is "unoffensive", it does nothing horribly but nothing amazing either. It sits proudly in the pantheon of mediocrity.

5 to 15 euro is about 5 to 15 euro more than I would pay for it.

Anything else? Or was that it?

I'm trying to find some kind of consistency in the games he likes.

consistency in opinion? impossible dude. I didn't really like mass effect, but i can still like Wolverine.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, I am not disputing that. My point was his selective wearing of his reviewer hat. If you want your personal opinion "I love Halo, w00t" and what not, that's fair enough. But to then go to another thread and start knocking another game because it does not meet your strict reviewers guidelines is a tad hypocritical, no?

In fairness to him (it sounds like I am picking on Helix now, my initial comment was made more out of disbelief that you could not rate mass effect 2 and find wolverine brilliant), he did say in the mass effect 2 thread he dislikes both 1 and 2.

yea i get ya. altho, i do find with major games like mass effect (or any major game, halo etc), if you hype it up to much, and are anticipating it too much, you almost always are slightly disappointed.

I think the think about wolverine, no was expecting anything from it, but it turned out to be pretty fun, but probably forgettable after a week, but still fun none the less

thorbarry wrote: »
    yea i get ya. altho, i do find with major games like mass effect (or any major game, halo etc), if you hype it up to much, and are anticipating it too much, you almost always are slightly disappointed.

This is my great worry, I was somewhat underwhelmed by dragon age (it's still waiting to be finished, PC version) and the reviews for that were pretty positive. I guess you had to be a fan of Baldur's Gate, I was always more fallout and diablo.

Halo has not only been overhyped but run into the same problem that has crippled the pro evolution franchise: a lack of ideas. I enjoyed ODST, don't get me wrong, more so for the firefly reunion than anything else, but it was simply a "best of" from Halo 3 and really should have been priced as an expansion pack, firefight or no firefight.

Anyway, I'm rapidly pulling this thread downhill. If you can get wolverine for 5 euro then sure, go for it, it was an enjoyable romp and I never did get tired of seeing the battle damaged wolvering animations.

Advertisement