Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'responsible' car suggestions!!

• 01-05-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

so the time could be coming for me to purchase a 'responsible' i.e family car.

i currently drive a hyundai coupe (not to everyones taste but my baby!!)
    trouble is it will take a baby seat but with dificulity, so what suggestions
    would ye guys/girls have bearing in mind i would like somthing sporty, bigish (not a jeep/6 seater) and big boot.

im not to bothered on price as i dont mind going down in the years to have the 'right' car.

suggestions please!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

By sporty, do you mean something with alloys? ;)

I mean, would you consider an Audi A3 Sportback as being sporty?

Are you looking for a pretty car as opposed to a handsome car (if you get what I mean?)

a3_sportback.jpg

Maybe a Seat Leon?
    Seat_Leon_Cupra_02.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Skoda Octavia vRS. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If tax/insurance don't bother you all that much, my cousin's husband has one of these and it takes a baby seat just fine, and it does have the roof to come down to place the baby even easier:pac::pac:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/6-Series/645-i-Co/200840190264804/advert

Something a bit more environmentally and pocket friendly
    -> -> -> http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Accord/2.0-i-VT/200902191443516/advert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nforce wrote: »
    Skoda Octavia vRS. :)

+1
    Octavia vRS

Plenty of poke
    Huge boot
    Loads of room for Baby seat
    economical >> Diesel 170BHP ( easy remap to 210 if needed )
    Cheap tax etc
    What more could you ask for :D

• Advertisement

On a serious note the vRS would be lovely, not too bad on juice either

would want to be new shape, old model not exactly generous for baby seats (right up against backs of front seats)

nobody suggested an Audi RS4 1.9 TDI yet..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

thanks for the suggestions guys! the leon and a3 are prob a little small for me, i like a bigh handsome car (with a bit of prettyness thrown in):rolleyes::rolleyes:

i like the look of the evo, actually had a glance at the lancer but it could be a little run of the mil for me! beamers do absolutely nothing for me unfortunately (no offecnce to any beamer owners, each to their own!)

i do like the audi A4's and kinda like the look of the new mondeo (but its a bit*h to park! any other ideas?

i suppose i basically like a head turner, somthing a bit noticable (in a good way, before ye start throwing up images of delboys reliant!:D)

Whats your budget?

I used to see a bloke driving around my area in a Subaru Impreza STI with all the kids in the back! Wish my Da had one when I was a kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Whats your budget?

I used to see a bloke driving around my area in a Subaru Impreza STI with all the kids in the back! Wish my Da had one when I was a kid!

Guy I wnet to school with's dad had a WRX, he's a consultant too...not exactly the typical car for a surgeon with teenage kids:D

I suppose a Mazda 6 or one of these which wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but considering how bland the standard car is it's a huge improvement.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Opel/Vectra/GTS/200917192554900/advert

• Advertisement

How about an Alfa 159?
    alfa159tifo2.jpg

chrysler_300c_srt_diesel.jpg
    06 models coming under 20k now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ninty9er wrote: »
    ...my cousin's husband has one of these...
    That's weird, because my uncle's cousin has one too! Are we related? I certainly hope not! :D
    vectra wrote: »
    ...Octavia...Huge boot
    + eleventyone

Not your ornery onager

ninty9er wrote: »
    Guy I wnet to school with's dad had a WRX, he's a consultant too...not exactly the typical car for a surgeon with teenage kids:D
    Still a cool Dad though!

Advertisement