Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

me mozzarella is a bit sour; should I still use it?

• 01-05-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

My mozzarella is still in date by 4 days but is has a bit of a sour after taste so I reckon its past its prime. I intend using it on a pizza. I am tempted to still use it. I'm thinking when it is melted it will be ok. Or will it give me a upset stomach? What do you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is it in a plastic sachet and has that sachet been open for a while? If you've just opened it, lash it on the pizza, no harm can come of it. Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I generally wouldn't take many chances on soft cheese myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Just after opening it out of its sachet (Castelli brand). Ok yeah grand so, i'll go ahead and use it.

Making a pizza from scratch takes some time. It had better be good! I'm starving now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Let us know if it makes you feel crap :D

I find mozzarella hard to judge - whatever I buy it always has a sour edge to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

I'm grand. It tasted fine. Maybe its meant to have a slightly sour after taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Some mozzarella goes kind of fizzy when it's getting a bit old! (fermented, I guess)
    Don't care for it like that but my missus loves it!

Advertisement