Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

carzone are ridicolous

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I thought Skoda made that particular model, "The Cake"?

They did in that telly ad anyway :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Yeah it really is stupid, its bloody joke, how could a cake drive 625 Miles?!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

it looks dodgy.
    dont buy it unless its nct'd.
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Before you buy check under the arches, it could be crumbling from the inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Oh yea, also check panel alignment, the pictures seem to show it is a bit out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

no-image-large.gif

Looks more like a Ssangyong

I could make a cake that looks like a Qashqai than that one does. In fact, I look more like a Qashqai than that cake does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Glad to see that this is still is still going! Have a look here.My thread if you notice!:D They keep on paying 40E a month for this????

I thought the general consensus was the motor trade is in a poor state in this so called recession!!!:D You'd think they'd be cutting back on overheads like this!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Zonda999 wrote: »
    They keep on paying 40E a month for this????

Exactly. The only ridiculous thing would be if Carzone turned down this perfectly good money.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    They keep on paying 40E a month for this????

Nope, dealers are on different terms with Carzone - especially main franchise dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just out of curiosity, there's 60000 cars for sale on Carzone, and more bikes, vans, plant and equipment on Autotrader.ie - all staffed by the same people. If it takes 10 minutes* to check the legitimacy of these cars, that works out at 600000 minutes, or roughly 416 days (Not including the other stuff on Autotrader) - so how do people propose that CZ check all the cars on their site?

I'm not defending Carzone, I'm just curious to know.

*Load and inspect the ad, phone the seller and confirm, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think a quick glance would be all it would take to filter out most of the potential scams?

ned78 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, there's 60000 cars for sale on Carzone, and more bikes, vans, plant and equipment on Autotrader.ie - all staffed by the same people. If it takes 10 minutes* to check the legitimacy of these cars, that works out at 600000 minutes, or roughly 416 days (Not including the other stuff on Autotrader) - so how do people propose that CZ check all the cars on their site?

A lot of the cars are on carzone for months now. I'd be curious to know how many new adverts are added per month, I wouldn't say it's very high.

Given the high profile of the site, it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to have a team of people moderating the adverts?

I personally think they should:
    Have the site integrated with the dept of transport records to prevent misadvertising
    Have a special icon for cars that don't include VRT
    Remove any adverts that don't display a price, or have the price at 1 euro.
    Introduce a star rating system where you rate the quality of the ad out of 5, and could then filter out bad ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Well if it takes 10 minutes to check an ad and placing an ad costs €40 Carzone would have to make €240 to need someone to check for an hour. Pay them €10 and the takings are still €230. Extrapolate as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Well if it takes 10 minutes to check an ad and placing an ad costs €40 Carzone would have to make €240 to need someone to check for an hour. Pay them €10 and the takings are still €230. Extrapolate as needed.
    Plus, it may take 10 minutes to verify a suspicious ad, most will only take ten seconds. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that carzone catch every last scam ad, but the obvious ones could be dealt with quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

to be honeset i think it's quite a sweet deal, he he he :p:P:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yum, delicious cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Agreed Colm, the most annoying ads are the ones that are either no price, 1 Euro, the monthly payment as the price, or worse again, the price + VRT.

Advertisement