Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy Driving Today people.... CRAZY

• 01-05-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have loads of near misses today? I have never seen such stupid pedestrians and wreckless driving ever!!!

Backdrop: 3 lane road me in middle car other car in left lane and 3 corners in limerick(behind arthurs quay)

1:)Car with female driver... came half way onto my lane every time she went around the bend , beeped her twice then she beeped then i sped past her on straight so she couldnt almost hit me again then she tore up the side went almost fully into my lane....me pushed into other lane at this stage held down the horn and feffin and blinding her out of it.

2) turning left at traffic lights, motorbike skipping all the traffic on wrong side of the road i was turning left onto. slammed on the brakes beeped him out of it. He actually looked frightened it was so close. Must say i was shaking a bit

3) Road with 3 lanes, 2 lanes full with traffic and im in free lane with filter light going left. loads of people randomly jumping out from the traffic filled lanes trying to get across the road. Do people actually want to die??

1st of may....am i the only person that had such a crazy day of driving? Almost got caught by guards speeding aswell but the guard was aiming the other way...on the way back he had pulled someone over coming from the direction i had origionally been coming from.. LUCKY!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Your poor horn must of been knackared after a hard day!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You possibly had a seriously bad day.

I drove 750km or so today and everything went fine except for one woman going around the roundbout 3 times in the outer orbital lane with no indicator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Your poor horn must of been knackared after a hard day!:D

In 2 years of driving i've never seen such crap! Must say though i love beeping people.

Just remembered another thing there....

4) 2 lanes one going left and straight the other just going right with loads of traffic. Car skipped up left lane and cut in to go right. Beeped the FCUK out of him aswell i can tell ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

In 2 years of driving i've never seen such crap! Must say though i love beeping people.

Just remembered another thing there....

4) 2 lanes one going left and straight the other just going right with loads of traffic. Car skipped up left lane and cut in to go right. Beeped the FCUK out of him aswell i can tell ya!
    Ya gave me a laugh there! I'd say ya had a big narky head on when you finally stopped driving (and beeping!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Like I said. I drive 100's of kms a day on my own with nobody to talk to unless the phone rings.

At 5:30pm I collect "herself" from work and I comment about everybody on the roads. Its all pent up inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Berty wrote: »
    I drove 750km or so today and everything went fine except for one woman going around the roundbout 3 times in the outer orbital lane with no indicator.

Is that a new game of chicken - see how long can continue before hit by someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Away and play with your other horn! :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement