Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pranks and the Law

Options
  • 01-05-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

I'm sure some of you may have heard of the French legend, Remi Gaillard. If not, here's a sampling of his work: Rocky

Yes. I've decided that I want to be everything that he is and surpass him in every way. But I've been wondering about the consequences. Is the law different in Ireland?

Here's a few of the ideas we've come up with so far...
    1. Run into the library and shout and scream (Just in time to catch the Leaving Certers).
    2. Stick a load of newspaper up in front of the door of the library.
    3. Play Metal Gear Solid in Tesco / Library.
    4. Sneak into quiet places in a box (like in MGS) and then pop out and scream.
    5. Walk down Main Street with a hatchet covered in blood and repeat "What have I done...? Oh my god..." in a daze.
    6. Dress up as a muslim and draw diagrams of the CCTV line of sight in front of the church.
    7. Walk through McDonald's in a robe, chanting "Pie Jesu domine".

And I'm wondering about the legality of this kind of stuff. Particularly 5 and 6. Are there any law experts out there on boards.ie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

I'm sure some of you may have heard of the French legend, Remi Gaillard. If not, here's a sampling of his work: Rocky

Yes. I've decided that I want to be everything that he is and surpass him in every way. But I've been wondering about the consequences. Is the law different in Ireland?

Here's a few of the ideas we've come up with so far...
    1. Run into the library and shout and scream (Just in time to catch the Leaving Certers).
    2. Stick a load of newspaper up in front of the door of the library.
    3. Play Metal Gear Solid in Tesco / Library.
    4. Sneak into quiet places in a box (like in MGS) and then pop out and scream.
    5. Walk down Main Street with a hatchet covered in blood and repeat "What have I done...? Oh my god..." in a daze.
    6. Dress up as a muslim and draw diagrams of the CCTV line of sight in front of the church.
    7. Walk through McDonald's in a robe, chanting "Pie Jesu domine".

And I'm wondering about the legality of this kind of stuff. Particularly 5 and 6. Are there any law experts out there on boards.ie?

2 you could probably get in trouble for blocking an exit, you know fire safety and the such
    3 you would probably just get kicked out by security
    4 that would probably funny if you could get inside in the box without being noticed
    5 you would probably get a personal tour and possably a free stay in a cell for a couple days
    6 dont know how one would dress up as a muslim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I think the main problem is that, legally speaking, you'd be a complete ****ing dickhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

gino85 wrote: »
    2 you could probably get in trouble for blocking an exit, you know fire safety and the such
    3 you would probably just get kicked out by security
    4 that would probably funny if you could get inside in the box without being noticed
    5 you would probably get a personal tour and possably a free stay in a cell for a couple days
    6 dont know how one would dress up as a muslim

Thanks. Bear in mind that I'll be running out of there as fast as I can once I've pulled it off, so the newspaper thing just might work. And everyone knows all muslims dress in dirty robes.

As for you, Passive, d'you mean I'd be an idiot or an absolute asshole? Because in both cases, that's pretty much what I'm going for.

Those are some of the worst pranks I have ever come across. Do you self a favour and don't bother even attempting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

You would want to raise the level a bit before you would match Rocky, some of them are very funny - I liked the running on the shopping belt & pouring the McD's drink on himself.

Think about it a bit more - I think you will have to be willing to get a few cautions for it. And maybe not be looking for a job ever needing police clearance :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    You would want to raise the level a bit before you would match Rocky, some of them are very funny - I liked the running on the shopping belt & pouring the McD's drink on himself.

Think about it a bit more - I think you will have to be willing to get a few cautions for it. And maybe not be looking for a job ever needing police clearance :D:D

Oh yeah, these pranks are just the first ones I came up with. Although I think the box one could well yield some nice results. "Pranks" probably isn't the best word for it, though. More like a street performance.

And I'm not really prepared for cautions. I'll just go for the ones that can't be construed as an illegal act.
    Those are some of the worst pranks I have ever come across. Do you self a favour and don't bother even attempting them.

Please, let's keep it civil and constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

And everyone knows all muslims dress in dirty robes.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Hmmm mature

In this day and age you can get a caution for almost anything - so you'll have to be willing to accept that risk. Also there is a big risk of you getting chased by angry people (As Remi Gaillard is in half his videos).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Thanks. Bear in mind that I'll be running out of there as fast as I can once I've pulled it off, so the newspaper thing just might work. And everyone knows all muslims dress in dirty robes.

As for you, Passive, d'you mean I'd be an idiot or an absolute asshole? Because in both cases, that's pretty much what I'm going for.

Don't pigeon hole people.

And everyone knows all muslims dress in dirty robes.
    Please, let's keep it civil and constructive.

Perhaps you should have considered that before generalising an entire section of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Well, most seem immature and stupid, but I believe number 5 has potential.

Forget Main Steet, take a trip down Grafton Street :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

passive wrote: »
    I think the main problem is that, legally speaking, you'd be a complete ****ing dickhead.

You came to the humor forum to display the fact that you have no sense of humour...? Curious...

OP - you may get an arrest and a few warnings, but unless you actually damage something, you probably won't make it to court.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    You came to the humor forum to display the fact that you have no sense of humour...? Curious...

OP - you may get an arrest and a few warnings, but unless you actually damage something, you probably won't make it to court.

I came to the humour forum to read jokes and maybe look at the odd funny video, have a nice 'oul chuckle, not look at the suggestions of some Jackass loving dip**** who seeks to piss off and irritate everybody about him. Maybe 2 things on that list are actually funny, and the ones that actual fall under his legal questions are out and out ****head pranks.

Advertisement