Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom cancellation questions

Options
  • 01-05-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I want to cancel my exisiting eircom residential landline and BB. Coming from austria, the usual way is to give your provider a written and signed notice via post.

1.) Is it possible to cancel the contract with a simple email?
    2.) If so, I couldn't find an apropriate email adress on eircom.ie
    3.) In austria, we have premade drafts for cancellations from the Consumer Protection Board (wording, legal requiremnts) so the cancellation goes through w/o any bad experiences. Is there something in IE for this purpose too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

1, 2: I don't think you'll have much luck with email.

Try telephoning or, better still, send a registered letter stating exactly when you want the service disconnected.

3. There shouldn't be any problems if your contract is over. Say when you want the service ended. We don't have these premade documents, as far as I know.

Jetzt versuche ich auf Deutsch ...

Am besten senden Sie einen Brief. Eircom liest fast nie Emails, besonder von seinen Kunden :rolleyes: Sagen Sie, wann die Dienst beendet werden soll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I have had loads of phone lines from eircom down through the years. A quick phone call to CS terminated them each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've always canceled eircom services over the phone, never had a problem with that. For phone, they can knock it off within 24 hours. For broadband, it may require a months payoff.

Advertisement