Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTS - pro's & cons

Options
  • 01-05-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello,

a large amount of us on this forum are considering doing arts in college.

So, what are the pro's and cons? Is it recommended?

I can think of the following:

Pro's

• Not too much work
    • Free time
    • Qualification on completion

Cons

• I've heard one almost always has to do post-masters
    • Hundreds of people may be in the same lecture hall
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

If i dont get the points for law in NUIG (which is very likely at the rate i am working:eek:) ill probably do arts in NUIG and do economics and legal sci!

so i'd be interested to see what people would have to say about it, it being arts!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kdak

well it can be used as a starting point to see if something is really what you wanna do, like maybe if you cant decide between english or philosophy (only subjects that came into my head!) do an arts degree and see which one you like best and then use it to continue on in your chosen subject.
    i wouldnt decide it based on the amount of work cause no matter what course you choose, at the end of the day you're the one who chooses how much (or little) work you do tbh.
    yes the lecture halls can be quite packed at arts subjects (i take one sociology class and thats an arts subject) but you find that after a few weeks the numbers do drop quite dramatically, because alot of students do skip lectures that dont appeal to them or are at an awkward time! so dont worry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

This thread covers it in pretty good depth.

Advertisement