Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisey Bike

• 01-05-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Howdee folks, I was wondering if any of you have had problems with neighbours over the noise of your bike, specifically setting their car alarms off.

I got myself an SP2 a month ago, after a few years on CBRs and I'd forgotten how loud the V-twin is. I live in a fairly narrow cul-de-sac and it seems to amplify the noise. The problem is when I start in the morning it sets off my neighbour's car alarm, so I've started rolling the bike down the street a bit, but on a cold day I have to give her a bit of throttle and that sets about 3 car alarms off. It was quiet funny at first but I'm on the road at 6:30am and I'm worried someone will complain to the Gardai or the local council or something. It's the alarms that are the real noise nuisance, so would I be responsible or the owner of the alarm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm complemented on the erm, noise of my bike (sv1000 with akie's). None of the houses with kids have a problem with me going to work, and the other houses love the bike going by.

I also get comments about "not go into work today?" if I have to take the bus onsite in town.

maybe it's just an agreeable neighbourhood. Have you actually been told off or are you worried about it happening? I used to roll my previous bike away a bit after car alarm incidents at 0600. I now prefer to drive around the car park in work to see how many alarms I can set off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

deadly. Two great bikes for waking the neighbours. Do ya not have baffles for the cans op. I think second poster has the right idea though. Its fun setting off alarms and makes ya look cool. Your bike is scaring the cars lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

seanybiker wrote: »
    Do ya not have baffles for the cans op.

Que???:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Some cans have removable baffles that dull the sound coming out from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

When other half had a Sportster he would wake the bloody dead, i could hear him from 2 miles away, he would also set off car alarms, lucky we have no neighbours so no one bothered:D

• Advertisement

ya should hear one of me mates bikes. A vulcan 1500. Jesus christ its loud. They are aftermarket pipes and still have the baffles in. Ya be deaf if he takes em out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

An SP2 with after market exhausts sounds cool. I'd ring the police if you put the baffels in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Yeah, but the neighbour is a headcase who was disturbed by the noise of a bathroom fan from here.

Quint wrote: »
    An SP2 with after market exhausts sounds cool. I'd ring the police if you put the baffels in!

Yeah there's some savage sound outta them yokes. Blow the fecking snot off your neighbours. Its brilliant.
    Yeah, but the neighbour is a headcase who was disturbed by the noise of a bathroom fan from here.

Jaysus you must have some whopper industrial fan or something.

Happy 100th post BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah there's some savage sound outta them yokes. Blow the fecking snot off your neighbours. Its brilliant.

Jaysus you must have some whopper industrial fan or something.

Happy 100th post BTW.

I'm a veritable spambot.

Thx

It's a modest little extractor fan. The only fan is one in her head. I'd give a **** about her concerns if she wasn't a headcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You don't say whether the exhausts on the SP2 are standard or not. If they're standard and you push it out from time to time then I wouldn't give a toss. Don't rev the nuts off it and let the people with the faulty car alarms find their own solution.

It could be an awful lot louder...

'cptr

Advertisement