Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Mullingar

Options
  • 01-05-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Anybody have issues with BT Broadband in Mullingar. Supposed to be 3MB and has been fairly solid at around 2.5 but in the last few days its crawling at 600k. Tried to sign up to Smarts 7mb service today but was told line can only handle 3mb. Anyone getting better than that? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

kaltz wrote: »
    Anybody have issues with BT Broadband in Mullingar. Supposed to be 3MB and has been fairly solid at around 2.5 but in the last few days its crawling at 600k. Tried to sign up to Smarts 7mb service today but was told line can only handle 3mb. Anyone getting better than that? Cheers.
    Smart dont have an exchange in mullingar, the fastest BB here is digiweb.
    Im with UTV in mullingar, but live too far from the exchange so only get 4Mb/sec from my 7.6Mb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Where is the exchange in Mullingar. I've been told that my line cant handle more than 2mb because I'm 5k from the exchange even though I've regularly been getting speeds of 2.5mb. I live near the Park Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

kaltz wrote: »
    Where is the exchange in Mullingar. I've been told that my line cant handle more than 2mb because I'm 5k from the exchange even though I've regularly been getting speeds of 2.5mb. I live near the Park Hotel.
    As far as i know its somewhere around the train station, but the cabling must be taking some weird direction for me to be getting the crappy line attenuation im getting, 53.0 downstream, 31.5 upstream. I synch at 4096, unless its interference that points to the cable being around 4 miles in length

Advertisement