Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer drought of games starting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Still have to complete Fallout 3, Farcry 2 & Dead Space , just got bored of pc games in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

John Giles wrote: »
    has the summer drought of games started already?

seems to me nothing that interesting coming out or am i wrong?

Battlestations Pacific on the 15thish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually glad there's a drought - haven't had much time to game for the last month or so, which means a healthy backlog of games to get through. Still working my way through Lost & Damned (more gameplay than your average full price release) and MadWorld (haven't had anytime to play this really, and works better in small bursts). Plus Persona 4 has been put on the side until Friday morning when I finally hand in my thesis - I cannot wait for another 70 hours of wonderful Japanese quirkiness. Really must get Dead Space too - price is right at the moment.

Also just got into Peggle last night. I can see that stealthily draining free time for a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Syferus wrote: »
    The games would need to have good catchment of courses, the best ones being multi-platform PS3/360 ones, PS2 or relatively low-spec PC games. It's unlikely most would complete a given game in the period alotted, either a week or two, so you'd have to prepared to double up if you liked one game and didn't finsh it in time.

That's a great idea! Just do a poll with 5 cross platform titles in it and the poll can be comprised of a few games we suggest on here.

I suggest The Chronicles of Riddick-Butcher Bay&Dark Athena, Dead Rising (cos I need to go back to it sometime!), CoD:WaW, Far Cry 2 or Fable 2. They're all in my pile to go through, but I'm open to anything decent really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Barely scraped the games that came out over the Winter, so this should be a great Summer for games :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Really looking forward to Red Faction: Guerilla. Comes out in June, check out this trailer and tell me you're not interested!

http://www.giantbomb.com/red-faction-guerrilla-tactics-trailer/17-516/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Syferus wrote: »
    The games would need to have good catchment of courses, the best ones being multi-platform PS3/360 ones, PS2 or relatively low-spec PC games. It's unlikely most would complete a given game in the period alotted, either a week or two, so you'd have to prepared to double up if you liked one game and didn't finsh it in time.
    You should start a seperate thread about this maybe, to gauge what the interest level is. I like NunianVonFuch's poll idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Really looking forward to Red Faction: Guerilla. Comes out in June, check out this trailer and tell me you're not interested!

http://www.giantbomb.com/red-faction-guerrilla-tactics-trailer/17-516/

Try the demo too, up on the marketplace now. Pretty decent but they really exaggerated the quality of their physics imo. I was trying to knock down a building at the start - only one wall remained with supports at each corner and it was the narrowest wall of a one story rectangular building (the first one you see at the start of the demo). Somehow the building stayed standing! Bit ridiculous. Like the shape of an "L". Once you got your hands on the
    gun turret in the getaway truck
    and start blowing the crap out of everything it's pretty entertaining.

Most importantly, I just can't wait to get bird****ed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hope for a drought. I'm still catching up on games i missed while playing wow. Wallet enjoys a drought too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Tales of Vesperia and Guitar Hero: Metallica are the ones I'm looking forward to, but I hope nothing else comes out during the summer, as I have loads of games to catch up on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

-Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    -Tales of Vesperia (finally)

And that's not counting any PSN/XBLA stuff.

Any release date for those too yet?
    I've got a backlog of pc games to play so I'm good. :)

Im the same,I have dead space,fallout 3,stalker clear sky,spore and a few more to play :-/ empire total war and soccer manager have all taken up most of my time.

Demigod is released next wk or the wk after was considering buying that but after reading a few reviews I think I'll give a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

26th June for Vesperia, hopefully. And 5th June for Star Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Sounds like a good idea.

My pile of shame includes: CIV4, Mass Effect, Command and Conquer 3, Lost Odyssey, Condemned 1&2, Psychonauts and Elder Scrolls IV: The expansions and Left 4 Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

That's a great idea! Just do a poll with 5 cross platform titles in it and the poll can be comprised of a few games we suggest on here.

I suggest The Chronicles of Riddick-Butcher Bay&Dark Athena, Dead Rising (cos I need to go back to it sometime!), CoD:WaW, Far Cry 2 or Fable 2. They're all in my pile to go through, but I'm open to anything decent really.

Maybe a seperate thread in the Xbox forum, Playstation forum, Nintendo forum and dunno where to put a PC one. Then have 2 games on the go at one time, like 1 Xbox and 1 Nintendo while we vote for the PC and PS games for the next week. For big cross-platform games like Dead Space, GTA or CoD we could have one big thread for all the formats its on.

I probably will not be able to participate as Fallout 3:Broken Steel and Plants vs Zombies are both out today........its like the games industry doesn't want me to have free time for other games :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sorry to dig up this thread again but im feeling that pain of the summer drought atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Same here Last one i bought was Arma2 and i enjoyed but way too buggy to enjoy and multiplayer i dont have a clue whats goin on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Persona 3 and SF4 are keeping me more than occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been using it to get through some games I missed the first time around. Loving the Riddick remake at the moment, played it on the Xbox and it's even better second time around. Battlefield 1943 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are keeping me busy with online play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm back into playing Pro Evo 2009 in a big way at the moment. The other game I'm playing is the Fury expansion for Wipeout HD.

I still have a save game to go back to in Fallout 3 but I'm wating on the Broken Steel DLC to arrive on the PS3.

Advertisement