Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a phone unlocked?

• 01-05-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Heard theres a polish crowd doing it but not sure where.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try here first: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055537227

If that fails, there is a crowd across from the bus shelter/information unit thing in the square there.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Ive tried there before thanks
    Where exactly do you mean though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The GSM Centre, it's up above Claires or one of those girly shops, you need to go up a stairway beside one of them anyways. Sound bunch of lads working there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

Funk It-Across from the O2 entrance to city square.Think its about €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

what kind of phone is it budd? I have a feeling although i could be wrong that if you unlock certain phones it will void the warranty. If it's an expensive phone i'd just keep it in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Lots of freeware software available on the internet for doing it as well, no cable required, just enter your phone make and model, the IMEI number and network provider and enter the code given to you on the screen! Can never understand how these shops get away with charging people for this service...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I went and ****ing locked myself out by putting in the wrong code 3 times, guess im ****ed now so?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Asmodean wrote: »
    I went and ****ing locked myself out by putting in the wrong code 3 times, guess im ****ed now so?

It requires hardware unlocking now.. some shops might be able to do it, otherwise its a network repair job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

wellbutty wrote: »
    Lots of freeware software available on the internet for doing it as well, no cable required, just enter your phone make and model, the IMEI number and network provider and enter the code given to you on the screen! Can never understand how these shops get away with charging people for this service...

To be fair some phones i believe have to be opened and actually fiddled around with. But ya a charge on the easier ones is madness.

ziedth wrote: »
    To be fair some phones i believe have to be opened and actually fiddled around with. But ya a charge on the easier ones is madness.

The majority of new phones, I believe, can not be unlocked via code. Plus, Nokia record this type of thing on the phone and it may breach warranty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement