Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Streetview Car - Dooradoyle

Options
  • 01-05-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Google Streetview Car - Dooradoyle today @ ~5.40pm

Below is an example of what they look like - anyone else spot this?

google_street_view_car_prius_gets_ticket.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Spotted them around 10 times so far this year all over the country.

I can be spotted waving in Mallow and in Castlebar, however, the other 8 times I gave "the bird" on account of my face, car and reg being beamed around the world.

I have seen mostly Ford Focus hatchbacks but in Mallow it was on the roof of an old Range Rover.

The car has the same set up as the picture above but the Jeep, my god, it had a chassis built under its own chassis sticking out the front and back with anchor wires leading from 4 corner points to the camera mount. It was a rather crude design to secure the camera to the roof. Then again the roads in and around the Mallow area are crude themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Berty wrote: »
    Spotted them around 10 times so far this year all over the country.

I can be spotted waving in Mallow and in Castlebar, however, the other 8 times I gave "the bird" on account of my face, car and reg being beamed around the world.

I have seen mostly Ford Focus hatchbacks but in Mallow it was on the roof of an old Range Rover.

The car has the same set up as the picture above but the Jeep, my god, it had a chassis built under its own chassis sticking out the front and back with anchor wires leading from 4 corner points to the camera mount. It was a rather crude design to secure the camera to the roof. Then again the roads in and around the Mallow area are crude themselves.
    they blur ur face and reg dont they?!

havent seen em yet, but too late to put my limerick plan into action. unless they're coming back. will check with someone in google a mate knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Raiser wrote: »
    Google Streetview Car - Dooradoyle today @ ~5.40pm

Below is an example of what they look like - anyone else spot this?

google_street_view_car_prius_gets_ticket.jpg

haha good to see robocop being his usual @ssh@ll self

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

They might be invading your privacy but there doing it ecologically in a Prius. I think the guards should get one so they can watch all the heads from space.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Paulegend wrote: »
    haha good to see robocop being his usual @ssh@ll self

I'm DYING to know what makes you say this.....how is doing his job being an "@ssh@ll" ? :rolleyes:

BTW - there's no need to use "@" for the a's if you can't spell it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ye do know that photo isnt taken in Ireland right?! its not robocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

saw the car driving about today outside todds/Brown Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

saw one of them on Edward street this morning, was behind it for a bit so maybe my mug will be on the map when it goes up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I hope they drive in around UL. That would be cool to see.

1huge1 wrote: »
    I hope they drive in around UL. That would be cool to see.

Why dont you just drive in and around UL yourself?

Its an open campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Brilliant, one just passed my house, and drove around the whole estate. It was a black left hand drive astra. I was looking out the window so hopefully it caught me. If i knew it was coming I would have dressed up and had a shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

it just drove past my house in castletroy there before lunch. i thought it was one of those election speaker cars until i seen this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

bullets wrote: »
    saw the car driving about today outside todds/Brown Thomas.

Ah Todds, been a while I heard BT's being called that. Would you go as far back as 'Cannocks':-) now Penny's?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ah Todds, been a while I heard BT's being called that. Would you go as far back as 'Cannocks':-) now Penny's?:)

Apparently its being renamed Eyesore Castle - Home of the Oompa Loompas.

- Admittance only granted to those whose common sense is inversely proportional to their disposable income.

Nah dont go back that far I'm only 33.

~B

Raiser wrote: »
    Apparently its being renamed Eyesore Castle - Home of the Oompa Loompas.

- Admittance only granted to those whose common sense is inversely proportional to their disposable income.

Although not wishing to fall completely off topic:

Brown Thomas is good for one thing and one thing only. Trying on clothes to see which size fits and then buying it on the Internet. :D

Berty wrote: »
    Although not wishing to fall completely off topic:

Brown Thomas is good for one thing and one thing only. Trying on clothes to see which size fits and then buying it on the Internet. :D

A wee little bit like their hi-fi/entertainment section if it still exists. I work with a Lad the used to work in the hi-fi section.

I've heard people mention before they would go into Todds
    and ask him for advice on all the Tellys/hi-fi's etc etc then
    go someplace else to actually buy them :-)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It was spotted going down the groody road today.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

yep - I saw it Tue morning near the flat tech - no prius here - was a black Italian registration astra with google logo on the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Seen it today in thomondgate , black astra with google on the side and i think it was an Iceland Reg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Seen another one out near cahir yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Does anybody know how long they're going to be around for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Putting the issues of invasion of privacy aside, Google earth and similar sites are invaluable when house hunting. Ads for homes can be quite misleading about garden size, orientation, house size etc. I find these applications invaluable in deciding which houses to actually bother viewing. It is also a great way to check out the local neighbourhoods – the conditions of peoples front and back gardens gives a good overall impression of what an area is like. You can also pick out any areas of waste ground or warehouse style buildings which are not necessarily viewable from the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

hope they can delete out those blasted election posters littering our ESB poles - its bad enough having to see them for next few weeks but in years to come -agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Putting the issues of invasion of privacy aside, Google earth and similar sites are invaluable when house hunting. Ads for homes can be quite misleading about garden size, orientation, house size etc. I find these applications invaluable in deciding which houses to actually bother viewing. It is also a great way to check out the local neighbourhoods – the conditions of peoples front and back gardens gives a good overall impression of what an area is like. You can also pick out any areas of waste ground or warehouse style buildings which are not necessarily viewable from the road.

depends on where you are looking i guess, the one for my area is years at of date. as is the one for limerick, it doesnt even have the coonagh shopping centre on it.

Advertisement